Does newegg accept prepaid credit cards for payment?

Fixadent

newegg has a DDR4 memory kit that I want that they simply don't carry in stores.

I'm building a new enthusiast gaming PC with Nvidia SLI.

I feel safer using a prepaid card because in case it gets stolen or hacked, you only lose the amount of money that was added to that card, which isn't much.

And now for something completely off topic. :smile:

I build gaming machines for a living. Well, at least, I used to...... And I never found a situation where SLI/Crossfire actually yielded benefits anywhere near satisfying my 'cost/benefit' test. One good card is really all you need. Why spend another 500 plus bucks on a second card, for maybe 5% performance improvement? And for Beth games, it makes even less sense, as once you pass 60FPS, the game starts getting really screwy, so, the second card does absolutely nothing for you.

Just my Opinion.

Only time SLI and crossfire is good is when you going extreme such as two of best top of line gpu's or there is a massive saving cost wise from buying two cheaper cards than newer more expensive one. But yes I totally agree.

I've got two GTX 1080's in SLI.

newegg has a DDR4 memory kit that I want that they simply don't carry in stores.

I feel safer using a prepaid card because in case it gets stolen or hacked, you only lose the amount of money that was added to that card, which isn't much.

I build gaming machines for a living. Well, at least, I used to...... And I never found a situation where SLI/Crossfire actually yielded benefits anywhere near satisfying my 'cost/benefit' test. One good card is really all you need. Why spend another 500 plus bucks on a second card, for maybe 5% performance improvement? And for Beth games, it makes even less sense, as once you pass 60FPS, the game starts getting really screwy, so, the second card does absolutely nothing for you.

Just my Opinion.

Only time SLI and crossfire is good is when you going extreme such as two of best top of line gpu's or there is a massive saving cost wise from buying two cheaper cards than newer more expensive one. But yes I totally agree.

Yes, that is the very definition of "Overkill". :)

Just my Opinion.

Yes, that is the very definition of "Overkill". :smile:

Not really, I've seen youtube videos of people playing games like GTA V where the fps counter sometimes drops to 40-50 at certain points, even using a single GTX 1080 at 1920x1080.

Watch dogs 2 struggles at max settings/1920x1080 using a GTX 1080 as well.

Edited by Fixadent