Crash to Desktop When Using Bow

leirynot

• 4 months later...

@leirynot if you have arrow tweaks and close quivers and longer arrows mods that could be your problem. I had both of these mods and the game would run fine until I took out my bow. I used to get one or two shots off and then CTD, this would happen without fail every time I tried to use my bow. I uninstalled close quivers and longer arrows and that fixed my problem. This problem happened for me during 1.5 patch as that is when I had both of these installed. I would try taking out close quivers and see what happens.

First of all, sorry for the slow response, after about a month of checking this thread I gave up on it.

I do not use any arrow tweaks or close quivers and longer arrows. The problem has continued throughout every patch, and only on one character. I suspect that it may have to do with the vampire overhaul I use (that particular character is a vampire), since it adds an archery perk that gives you a chance that your arrows deal a magic effect (I forgot what it was exactly) when they hit.

@leirynot if you have arrow tweaks and close quivers and longer arrows mods that could be your problem. I had both of these mods and the game would run fine until I took out my bow. I used to get one or two shots off and then CTD, this would happen without fail every time I tried to use my bow. I uninstalled close quivers and longer arrows and that fixed my problem. This problem happened for me during 1.5 patch as that is when I had both of these installed. I would try taking out close quivers and see what happens.

The crash you were having with Closer Quivers was due to a bad Daedric Arrow projectile. Not the whole mod. I have had a Daedric Arrow fix for that up for ages... Jeez people, update once in a while! :confused:

Edited by EvilDeadAsh34

The crash you were having with Closer Quivers was due to a bad Daedric Arrow projectile. Not the whole mod. I have had a Daedric Arrow fix for that up for ages... Jeez people, update once in a while! :confused:

But I don't even use the Closer Quivers mod, so that's not what is causing it.