Site problems, An Error Occurred

venombeyond

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too have been having this issue with chrome and have been unable to fix it. Hoping the bug is fixed soon with the ssl.

Once again, to confirm, this is not a bug with Nexus Mods and we have not changed anything in our code on the site in months that touches any of the "broken" parts of the site for people trying to force SSL. This is something you're going to need to sort on your end, or you'll need to wait until our site redesign is out, which does use SSL.

Chrome is showing the certificate issue on my end as well as stated in a previous post. Also console from page 3 of this thread works, but with a few different caveats (this was tested with and without https everywhere). Once you've retrieved the correct url into the following code (opening the console with F12 key):

loadBox('placeurlhere');

I've gotten it to work with and without the ";" at the end. Most success seems to come from subbing http with https. It's been tricking chrome into thinking it's SSL reliably. Further testing seems the issue to be relegated to chrome (not sure which versions affected other than latest version). Chrome in some of the newer versions does try to force SSL by default and this isn't easy to disable in chrome. If it's a just malformed cert then hopefully it can be fixed soon. If it's truly a chrome issue, then hopefully the site redesign will fix it.

Edited by Nastrodamus666

Getting www.nexusmods.com redirected you too many times.

after switching back to http

Switched back to HTTPS and I can now browse the site again. Guess I'll have to continue getting the download links straight from page source.

Using latest version of opera.

Edited by CptMcSplody

Well I've just started having this issue in the last 2 days also, and can no longer download anything in Firefox, Chrome, Edge or IE. I can't change the URL to HTTP, as the forum keeps defaulting back to HTTPS, in Chrome, FF, IE and edge. The link at the top of the forum for Nexusmods.com is also HTTPS, so I have to keep changing it manually once opening the site. If I change nexusmods to HTTP, I can't even login with Chrome or Edge, as it keeps telling me I'm not logged in, and FF just gives me an error redirecting page message when I try. So far, the only browser that works on Nexusmods.com in HTTP is Internet Explorer (yay).

While FF and Chrome use HTTPS Everywhere, Edge and IE don't. Haviing HTTPS Everywhere disabled, simply results in the above errors. The site works properly with it enabled, but the downloads don't.

EDIT: So this is still an issue, but I found out that one of my browsers was forcing HTTPS on me without me realizing it. It took some digging but I found some extension I apparently had active that I forgot about. I thought I had already disabled it in the past but I guess it decided it wanted to re-enable itself. The reason it happened on other browsers is because I was copying the HTTPS URL from the browser with the extension and not removing the "s".

Edited by calaverx11

I am also confused as to why this has suddenly become a problem. I was downloading files just fine a few days ago with the extension, not sure what changed.

Well you heard Dark0ne, it's not a nexus issue, so clearly we're just a bunch of idiots who managed to all break our browsers in the same way at the same time in a way that doesn't affect our use of any other sites. Clearly.

I am also confused as to why this has suddenly become a problem. I was downloading files just fine a few days ago with the extension, not sure what changed.

Well you heard Dark0ne, it's not a nexus issue, so clearly we're just a bunch of idiots who managed to all break our browsers in the same way at the same time in a way that doesn't affect our use of any other sites. Clearly.

My thought exactly...

So after having problems and noticing this thread (and all replies), I was able to get it work with firefox:

I had to disable HTTPS everywhere AND open Nexus Mods in a private window. I had to do both: if I didn't disable HTTPS: everywhere, I could browse the site, but not download. However, if I disabled it, I was no longer able to even access the site...