ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Skyrim Castle MOD WIP

kane4355

File Management  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer to download:

I admire your patience and passion to build, because I know how much labor costs to create such a large site. I look forward to the chance to explore the largest castle in Skyrim :thumbsup:

For several years working on a modification to another game, doing my own statics (3D models and textures). If you do not find people to help, I can try to convert some objects for you. Contact me by PM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been a while since I have last posted an update. I have been working really hard on my mod the last couple of days in preparation for a beta release april 23rd. However, It does not look like that will be happening as there is still way to much to be done before that can even happen. So, once i come back from vacation I will be going back to work on my mod. I took some of the ideas in mind to add to the castle portion as far as functionality. I still have a bit to add in which is why it has taken longer for my mod to be released. Here is just a quick update on what has been done so far:

Redid the lighting in the greathall entryway. redid the lighting in the cathedral and Ghost Sea Overwatch. Lighting redone in Forge Area. Image spaces and lighting templates reorganized in several cells. Revamped the throne room, but still needs some more cluttering on upper levels. Added 2 teleport maps to the great hall; one for all the dragon mounds and the other for all cities and towns (thanks to WillieSea for letting me utilize this). Courtyard was improved a bit for night time lighting and flora and statics added. Lighting was also redone in certain areas in the dining Hall as well as the kitchen. Kitchen cluttered and shelves added, redecorated. Basement section added which includes 2 interior cells: the basement and basement stairwell. It has a distillery, wine cell, storage room, and some hidden secrets. Added 2 spells to the castle; one to teleport to certain significant areas around the castle and another spell to teleport you to all the major holds. These spells also have a return option so if you are stuck in a dungeon and your inventory is full and want to teleport to the castle to drop it all off, you can click the return option and it will return you to your last location in the dungeon (thanks to WillieSea again for allowing me to utilize this). The storage room also has an auto sort capability to auto sort items into containers upon activating certain levers ( thanks to WillieSea again for allowing me base what i made off his idea and script). The alchemy lab has the same, a button to press to auto sort all of your ingredients into jar containers (thanks to WillieSea again for allowing me to utilize this). There were also vast improvements and changes made to several other cells too numerous to remember or quote.

Ideas still in the good idea jar that will be to be built before the mod is beta releasable:

-Arboretum (with working farm)

-bath area (a pool to cleanse you of any illnesses and possibly give you a well rested perk)

-town exterior redo

-Dungeon leading to castle basement from town to start initial quest.

-Forge needs clutter/ shelves installed

-certain activators need to be renamed to represent what you are activating

- The Upper Hall Foreroom needs to be completely redone

There are numerous other things I want to get done such as the questline and town life but that can wait until after i get a working and integrated mod. I also need someone fluent in nav-meshing as it completely escapes me how to do it, even after I had someone tell me how.

ideas on the platter but not necesary:

-certain displays for specific items IE Falmer Eyes, bug jars, elderscroll, etc....

-possibly create a mine shaft for player use to mine for ores.

- and the list could go on... as other ideas may come up.

This is a quick update and after the 23rd I will not be working on this project as I will be on leave and away from the computer. I will be back mid May to continue work and will peridoically check my mail for any emails or posts. do not expect me to reply right away during my vacation.

Alright so thats it. There are other cells i have created but they are no where near complete so i have not created images for them. this also includes the exterior which will need a lot of work once im complete with the interior. Once i am complete with the interior, I will work on the exterior, then working on creating the quest line.

In desperate need for someone who can do navmeshing. NONE of these cells are navmeshed. I also need a scripter or someone who can create an activator for displaying specific items like the falmer eyes and other unique items. I will investigate how I can like i did the dragon priest display but i am thinking i will need to animate a mesh in order to fully make it happen.

Hope you guys enjoy the picks see you in a month!