46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer to download:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a quick update:

I have been working dilligently on figuring out the following issues:

1. Having some water level issues with the great hall, that is unfortunately going to lead me to redo the cell. I have found no other way around this little problem. Will work on it in the future.

2. I was working for a couple of days on the meshes and textures for the inner great hall portion. When i was walking up a set of stairs, i would run into a collision that stopped me from moving. i later found out that after removing the mesh from static (which including a floor and a ceiling and created two statics: one for ceiling and one for floor) it still kept the collision which is an imbedded separate mesh, similiar to navmeshing that is in the nif file itself. Deleting this shape for the ceiling portion was fine but ran into issues with falling through the floor when it was removed off the floor mesh. Did several attempts on nifSkope, importating meshes from others but was not able to get anything concrete. I will be sticking with the original mesh (minus the one i dont want) and removing the collision and add my own in the CK.

3. Started working on the Cathedral which is massive. I got some kinks out of it and it should be almost done and I am quite surprised i was able to pull this off. however, there will be no weather effects unless someone knows of a script that will work with it (cathedral is an exterior cell but with interior statics, to give you an outside perspective through the windows. lighting and time of day effect the interior, but i have weather turned off until i get the weather to only effect the areas outside the cathedral).

I am hoping to have something beta wise by the 23rd of April, this is my deadline as I will be going on vacation and being available mid may. I am hoping to have enough kinks worked out before then so when the beta is released it is somewhat playable but i can come back and make changes. If it is not ready then, i will have to wait until mid may before releasing. Quality is what I want and I am not going to release an unuseble mod because of a time crunch. .

Update:

I completed the cathedral, still need navmeshing like anything else and also having a issue with LOD (check this site out for details). I also went back and cluttered up the lower west wing hallway and finished the study as well. I also redid the whole Greathall Entryway to fix the water and ground level issue i was having. It is now a 3 level interior cell. I went back to the rest of the greathall and fixed the collision issue i was having as well. I altered some of the lighting and effects in the great hall and throne room to include adding some more static to the throne room. The great hall should be almost complete aside from navmeshing. The west wing, I changed the location of the steward's quarters and linked the rest of the castle to it as well as fixed some interior lighting issue i was having and was too lazy to fix previously. The entire west wing should also be almost complete aside from needing navmeshing. I made some changes to the display room replacing the old throne area with a unique display case. Since my mod will eventually have a story line wrapped around dragon priests, i saw it fitting to include the same labrinthian altar as a display case for all the collected dragon priest helms. It has been tested and works with all 9 helms. It is the same as the one in labrinthian except it is not animated to give you the ultra helm. You activate and put the mask on the same way and can also retrieve it. However, just like the labrinthian one, it gives you a base model back so any altered masks are reset to base values. This has something to do with the vanilla scripts and my lack of knowledge with scripts is basic and only understand how to assign objects script not create my own. Anyone who is knowledgeable on scripts and wants to help I am up for the help. For now it is a display case or altar... I also added a whole lot more weapons racks to the display room. What can i say i am a collector and like to display what i collect!

!!!Help needed!!!

-Scripter -

1. need a script for the Dragon Priest helm display that will give player back exact helm instead of base stat object.

-3D Modeler-

1. Need some static meshes reversed or mirrored.

2. Need a platform (2nd floor balcony) ledge created in a Windhelm Interior design

Hi kane4355,

great work right now. I can’t wait until you release the mod. That's my favorite castle. I hope there are lots of mannequins, display cases and weapon racks. I collect one of every weapon and armor in the game. And it would show it in the grand display room.

I’ve got some ideas for your castle:

Maybe you can add a stable to the castle with a little shack for a carriage because I use a mod called “Nordländer Ausstattung” that includes a rideable carriage.

Another idea is that you can build a little farm, where I can plant something that I’ve harvested in the environment. For example to duplicate potatoes or other plants and ingredients. Example: harvest one snow berry, plant it, 2 days later I’ve got a new snow berry plant, where I can harvest 2 or 3 snowberrys.

In the alchemy lab, maybe an ingredients sorter (female) npc which sorts all my ingredients into different boxes. Also in the forge, maybe the smith npc can sort my ingots and ores to different chests or on racks. Or one npc which sorts all ingredients, ores and ingots to the boxes and chests. A personal maid. (like in “Solstheim Castle" for Morrowind)

In other rooms you can maybe implement racks or something where I can show my bugs in glasses. And a rack where the thieves guild items are placed. I mean the items like the wooden boat or the golden bee queen. Also such an rack or so for the falmer eyes. And maybe a place where I can put the elder scrolls in the library.

An personal mine is also very good for a castle. In the mine I can find different ore veins. Maybe there’s a quest for the mine where I have to kill some enemies like spiders or draugrs.

Maybe there would be a training room in the castle, with archery range and so on.

That are all my ideas for your mod at the moment. I hope I could inspire you. And then go back to work on the mod :)

Greets,

juergen111

Edited by juergen111

Those are all good ideas! and I will put them in the idea bank. Here are some key points i want to emphasize on your ideas.

Maybe you can add a stable to the castle with a little shack for a carriage because I use a mod called “Nordländer Ausstattung” that includes a rideable carriage.

As far as incorporating other mods in, I would have to say it would be a bad idea. There are a lot of mods out there that add great functionality. I was going to add a stable to where you can purchase horses and add a fast travel point via carriage. But that is later on down the line when i build up the city more, my focus as of right now is to complete the castle for player home use and get it on beta. I wouldn't even know where to begin to create a shack to put your carriage in, I first hand know nothing of that mod. However, that does mean I will not do it. As this mod progresses it may bring up opportunities such as that one to add that functionality in.

Another idea is that you can build a little farm, where I can plant something that I’ve harvested in the environment. For example to duplicate potatoes or other plants and ingredients. Example: harvest one snow berry, plant it, 2 days later I’ve got a new snow berry plant, where I can harvest 2 or 3 snowberrys.

This is actually quite possible, but it would be something indoors as my Castle takes place on top of a snowy hill. If you check out Tytanis Ultimate Mod, farming is a possibility because he has already created that functionality! I would have to contact them to see if I can use this in my mod.

In the alchemy lab, maybe an ingredients sorter (female) npc which sorts all my ingredients into different boxes. Also in the forge, maybe the smith npc can sort my ingots and ores to different chests or on racks. Or one npc which sorts all ingredients, ores and ingots to the boxes and chests. A personal maid. (like in “Solstheim Castle" for Morrowind)

This is a great idea and i have actually contemplated doing this. However, this would involving some scripting and NPC work, experience I have none in. I am currently the only one working on this mod and am in desperate need of a scripter and 3D modeler. This will go on the idea shelf until I get get a scripter and make this idea happen and who knows... I may just learn a thing or two along the way and make it happen myself.

In other rooms you can maybe implement racks or something where I can show my bugs in glasses. And a rack where the thieves guild items are placed. I mean the items like the wooden boat or the golden bee queen. Also such an rack or so for the falmer eyes. And maybe a place where I can put the elder scrolls in the library.

Utilizing da5id2701's Unlimited Bookshelves, I have created several shelves and tables where you can store anything you want. It is based on the vanilla script that allows you to store books on shelves and revamps it to allow you to put ANYTHING on those shelves. There are some bugs like anything else and I have not messed around with his mod since the 1.4 release But I can tell you there will be plenty of places you can store the thieves guild items or the random items spread across Skyrim. You could pretty much decorate all the shelves yourself if you want. I have checked his site out recently and it does seem he has made some improvements! I will test them out but the basic functionality of what you want for those items is there, just not specific like an altar for Dragon Priest helms.

On the note of specifics, the Falmer Eyes is an idea I wanted to do. However I been trying to wrap my brain around how to go about it and everything is telling me, it needs a new script. The Dragon priest helm display was easy to accomplish because that functionality was already in game. It just took some minor fixes or removal of unneeded scripts. I would like to improve on it because when you take the masks back it resets it to the Base item. I could not utilize the same scripts for the falmer eyes and here is why:

The dragon priest altar is comprised of 3 things to make the player activation and displaying of masks to happen: an activator, a script, and a moveable static. The activators are easy to create, the script would need to be created, and a 3D model would need to be created as well (if i go the same route as creating something like the dragon priest altar). The 3D model is unique. In the creation kit, the dragon priest bust is unique to the helm. There is a different one for each helm and they are labeled to coincide with that helm. They also come with an animation. In the game they start out without the helm showing. But when activated and the script runs, if the player has the item then the bust animates putting on a "mask". When the player activates the bust again, a base stat object of that item is given back to the player. So I would need a 3D model of an alter with the falmer eyes or even the big statue and have it animated. This is something I want to do and again I need someone fluent in scripting to help me make that happen.

An personal mine is also very good for a castle. In the mine I can find different ore veins. Maybe there’s a quest for the mine where I have to kill some enemies like spiders or draugrs.

Done! I will add that in thank you for the Idea.

That are all my ideas for your mod at the moment. I hope I could inspire you. And then go back to work on the mod :)

All ideas inspire me and I will take everyone of them in! However not all of them will be incorporated. Ideas versus basic functionality are looked at. Can it happen? Is it feasible? What will I need to make that happen? Is there something out there that may already have that function? If that is the case and someone else has already made a script or functionality like that then I can either contact those people to see if i can utilize their work in my mod OR you just download their mod :)