⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Skyrim Castle MOD WIP

kane4355

File Management  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer to download:

made some major changes to the exterior. 5 pictures were added to the main posted here are the rest:

I did this view over the town so you can see that there is indeed LOD and it is working for the new worldspace.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The castle looks great man! Keep up the good work :D And a quick question. Will this be a true player home? Like will I beable to send my wife here? My PC crashed and I lost everything and getting back all my houses and armor has been a B**** It would be awesome to not have to worry about the house :P

The castle looks great man! Keep up the good work :D And a quick question. Will this be a true player home? Like will I beable to send my wife here? My PC crashed and I lost everything and getting back all my houses and armor has been a B**** It would be awesome to not have to worry about the house :P

yes the idea is to be able to get your spouse to stay in this house. i havent had the fortunate ability to work with that yet but from researching other mods it seems to be a hard coded thing but we will see. there is a certain mod you could download, i forget the name but it allows you to transport your spouse to wherever you want! its a spell and i am not sure how much interaction it has with environment and the limits of the NPC (considering how large my mod is im assuming the radius would have to be quite large).

Yes the idea is there im just finishing up minor touches here and there and will be working on the library. i been going along the castle and making major and minor tweaks to everything from adding in clutter to changing the lighting or adding/removing static.

i know my question prolly will have been answered in the front page but ill ask it anyways.. will you have npcs walking around? like a blacksmith in the depths hammering out weapons... somoene that looks badass and grizzled i think that would be awesome im super excited for this to come out and cant wait... will replace all my other homes with this for sure Edited by trooper666

Looks to be a king among house mods :D

I love how, despite using some big peices of unique, preexisting architecture (like archmage quarters, solitude throneroom, etc) they still look completely different in the way you've changed things around the key elements. I look forward to trading up from dragonfalls manor or at least having both places :D

i know my question prolly will have been answered in the front page but ill ask it anyways.. will you have npcs walking around? like a blacksmith in the depths hammering out weapons... somoene that looks badass and grizzled i think that would be awesome im super excited for this to come out and cant wait... will replace all my other homes with this for sure

yes that is the idea (and is on the front post) to have city and castle life. if you elect to have the castle in itself and not the quest then you can look forward to this, otherwise the quest itself will add several hours to gameplay as you your way through to ultimately rebuilding the castle and taking it as your own.

looks awesome can't wait for the release! looks pretty good and nearly done tough. so when do you think the initial release will be?

i still have a bit of interior work to do before i even start work on the city/castle life. although i think it will be safe to say that i will release it without the city/castle life as an initial release/beta test while i go to work on the quest. i am still working on the idea of the two being separated but still workable together and it seems sound and quite possibly that you will be able to utilize the castle during the initial release and then add in the quest without worries of "losing" anything. BUT the way it will work is that you will have to gain it back before you have access to the items. I am right now getting a lot of votes for people who want the quest instead of wanting the house mod. there will definately be two separate mods as there is enough interest for it. There is still a lot of exterior work and interior clutter than needs to be added in. as I draw nearer to the possibility of release I will let everyone know....But i should have a releasable copy within the next couple of weeks.

looks awesome can't wait for the release! looks pretty good and nearly done tough. so when do you think the initial release will be?

i still have a bit of interior work to do before i even start work on the city/castle life. although i think it will be safe to say that i will release it without the city/castle life as an initial release/beta test while i go to work on the quest. i am still working on the idea of the two being separated but still workable together and it seems sound and quite possibly that you will be able to utilize the castle during the initial release and then add in the quest without worries of "losing" anything. BUT the way it will work is that you will have to gain it back before you have access to the items. I am right now getting a lot of votes for people who want the quest instead of wanting the house mod. there will definately be two separate mods as there is enough interest for it. There is still a lot of exterior work and interior clutter than needs to be added in. as I draw nearer to the possibility of release I will let everyone know....But i should have a releasable copy within the next couple of weeks.

i dont have a problem with questing and such :) i didnt want to say: "go hurry". take your time man. release the mod in three parts: 1.castle only, 2. castle with quest, 3. village/castle life.

everyone should be happy then, eve thouhg i prefer the quest version :D

Edited by TWarrior

An idea to throw out there:

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the non displaying model thing. It ruins so many good things. This castle, on most systems, would look like crap due to large parts of it not loading. If you haven't already considered it, you might want to make your base castle(the non quest) version, a little .esm. I haven't done tons of testing on it, but iirc, and I think the prevailing view is, the whole model not loading thing largely based on it being loaded from a .esp, just like the face tint bug. I may be wrong, it may just be false hope like the using of various LOD options to solve the problem (they don't work reliably at all)

If you use big models, even if you haven't seen them disapear yet, they will. Anything larger than (and including) a regular thatched roof village house, or a wall segment, I think the key number is something like size of 1400, seems more like 800, it will not be visible a significant portion of the time for a lot of people.

You could then tack the quest thing, even any minor updates you make, into .esp's

I've just seen too many castle type mods rendered useless (turned into a collection of floating windows and a door) by this bug and would hate a project this detailed to suffer the same fate. When you release your initial .esp you may want to put that out there as a primary question, are there invisible objects? are there windows, doors, and plants hanging in midair?

If this was already your plan then nevermind :D Have a nice day.