kane4355

File Management  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer to download:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a look at the screenshots and, to be perfectly honest, all you've done is grab some game pieces from Solitude, Winterhold, Riften, Whiterun,...etc and grouped them together and added a few trees.

I don't really see anything that's not in the game alresdy.

Sorry, but that's just my opinion. Sometimes less is more,...if it's got originality.

I think you are doing an excellent job. Keep going. Sometimes working with what we have got is better than for years inventing something new that will never be put to work...

I had a look at the screenshots and, to be perfectly honest, all you've done is grab some game pieces from Solitude, Winterhold, Riften, Whiterun,...etc and grouped them together and added a few trees.

I don't really see anything that's not in the game alresdy.

this is how i can tell no one reads the front page - I said from the beginning i was trying to make this as vanilla as possible. Why? first off if i created a bunch of my own statics, with meshes and textures then it would make the file a whole lot larger to download, so its easier on the player. secondly, it adds to the lore of the game if statics that are in game are already being used. thirdly, i have no experience with a 3d modeling program. But i also said that if it comes down to in certain areas, that i would need someone's help to create my own statics and there are quite a few areas i need that in already.

Sorry, but that's just my opinion. Sometimes less is more,...if it's got originality.

You do not need to apologize about an opinion you make unless you think it is a wrongful opinion but you still want to keep it. But by any means it is an opinion and I respect that. it is always good to hear the good and the bad about work you have done.

I can honestly tell you that I have not played Skyrim or any other game recreationally because I have been too focused on putting this together. There are actually only 2 rooms so far that i have copied and pasted and really only deleted ownership, NPC's and markers. Those two rooms I haven't even posted pictures for. I plan on coming back to them to add a bit of originality to them. The lower hall i will admit i copied the interior from Windhelm and deleted EVERYTHING except the statics and added in what i wanted and expanded some of them. I plan on coming back to this room to improve it a lot more which is why i don't have pictures of it. The midhall, which resembles the blue palace was worked on for a week straight. i have to admit that even though it was a pain in the ass, it has a lot of functionality. what do i mean? take the winterhold statics for example: they are large statics with no room for versatility. the entryway and a piece of the center are all one static so it was hard to invent something from using those statics, so yes they do end up looking like the originals from the college because there is no real way to get around that unless i create my own statics. Solitude on the other hand, is in pieces literally. the black bar in the floor is its own static, the roof is its own static, the wall in some areas in 2 parts, etc. so i can have a bit of ingenuity when it comes to piecing that together. it took a while but it is fun once you got it together. the statics i have for the midhall are also at 2.0 scale whereas the solitude blue palace is only at 1.0 scale.

about 90 percent of my mod, i have hand created everything from the object window into the render window. I even went as far as creating bookshelves, weapons racks, mannaquins, etc all from scratch because i did not want any conflict from trying to copy and paste those around. The waterfalls, the streams, the flora, all hand moved over from the object window with the exception of the tree from the archmage's quarters. I am sorry to say I am a sucker for things that already look good!

As CSBrooks said, in some cases it is better to work with what you have then to try invent something that may never work. that is exactly the case here. Why would i spend an effort trying to clutter a room or add statics for an interior when they already exist and all I need to do is go in copy the items i need and delete what i don't?

There will also be other mods I will use to go along with mine. why? I like how they look and I have gotten permission from their creators. there is no originality there but creativity utilizing what is available.

And again it is your opinion and your obligated to that.

This looks amazing. PLEASE release it soon :)

The castle portion is almost complete. I havent even begun to work on the quest portion yet but once i complete it for those who only want it as a personal house i will have it up on Nexus.

I am currently working on Nav meshes and I have to say, in world spaces its a pain in the ass to work with especially if there is a land texture below a static that you are using for the floor.

This looks amazing. PLEASE release it soon :)

The castle portion is almost complete. I havent even begun to work on the quest portion yet but once i complete it for those who only want it as a personal house i will have it up on Nexus.

I am currently working on Nav meshes and I have to say, in world spaces its a pain in the ass to work with especially if there is a land texture below a static that you are using for the floor.

If I download it as a House mod, Will I beable to add the quest in later and have to complete it to get Re-access to the castle?

If I download it as a House mod, Will I beable to add the quest in later and have to complete it to get Re-access to the castle?

That is my plan as it stands, to be able to release the mod as strictly a house mod for those who want to utilize it. The quest can be added in later for those who want to utilize it. Unfortunately you will have to re-earn the castle over a long period of time through specific chains. In this case, I would advise removing everything from the castle before doing the quest because there is no real guarantee with how Skyrim's system works if the items you placed in it before the quest will persist after you have completed the quest. The questline will also be broken up into several episodes, which will require you to clear something or do something in the castle and the castle will not be fully operational until the whole quest is complete.