Blockhead not activating

MilkPrincess

So I've been trying to solve this for hours and I actually have a migraine now.

I'm trying to get OCO v2 to work, but I keep getting the "install blockhead" text on the race menu. Yes, I've installed both OBSE and Blockhead. Yes, I installed them manually instead of using a mod manager. (I installed OCO v2 with NMM, but it seems to be working fine since it's telling me I'm missing Blockhead) I've tested OBSE by installing the tester script and the better cities mod, and both worked fine. The problem clearly isn't OBSE. I also noticed the ini file for Blockhead won't appear.

Blockhead is not just a mod, it is a OBSE plugin so it does not require activating. That being said, make sure to launch the game using the OBSE launcher if you are playing a cd version or make sure you have required OBSE files for steam version. Check the readme for OBSE for further instructions. The ini will show up once the game is launched successfully without crashing like all Shademe's plugins do.

Blockhead is not just a mod, it is a OBSE plugin so it does not require activating. That being said, make sure to launch the game using the OBSE launcher if you are playing a cd version or make sure you have required OBSE files for steam version. Check the readme for OBSE for further instructions. The ini will show up once the game is launched successfully without crashing like all Shademe's plugins do.

When I say "activated" I mean the ini file won't appear. And I already said OBSE is working fine.

Okay, let me ask you this... I could not ask this earlier because I was at work. Where did you install the blockhead? In other words, where is the blockhead.dll located in the Oblivion directory. The blockhead for me works fine along with OCO and all other mods that exist. And like I said before, if the installation is done correctly and you start the game successfully, the ini will appear as well. That is the common design for all of plugins made by Shadme (the author of blockhead).

• 3 weeks later...

Making sure you've installed everything correctly, in terms of the OBSE and Plugins, can certainly not hurt.

Just went through a painful quest over 10 hours long at trying to get my Blockhead ini to show up, as I was having the same problem and it turned out that I just had the Dll in the wrong folder.

I've been modding for years and have installed hundreds of mods, but this extremely small detail was overlooked and caused me hours of frustration for such a simple fix.

Edited by ZombieMudkip1

• 3 years later...

sorry for reviving this old post... but where shoul;d the dll file be in the directory?? ive been at this for hours, ive followed the instructions for steam OBSE install which is working with the OBSE test plugin, but im still getting the "install blockhead error"

sorry for reviving this old post... but where shoul;d the dll file be in the directory?? ive been at this for hours, ive followed the instructions for steam OBSE install which is working with the OBSE test plugin, but im still getting the "install blockhead error"

Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\Blockhead.dll (and if the Plugins folder doesn't already exist then create it).

Doesn't OBSE created that folder during the installation? Also use the latest OBSE called xOBSE which is under development and fixes some bugs as well in the 7 years older OBSE

No that folder isn't created by OBSE or xOBSE but if you install many OBSE plugins they will create that folder (providing you do a manual copy/paste install ... as I outline in the second down from the top sticky post in the Blockhead mod comments).

- Edit - Oops ... I see that I'm wrong about xOBSE and it does create that folder during install. All the more reason to use xOBSE rather than OBSE v0021 I guess.

xOBSE is v21 as it is v21.8 right now. Only difference is that it has less bugs and a new function to see if someone is dressed or not and slowly it gets more functions and what they focus at is stability and bugs firstly.

Have you ever tried to perform naked before a jarl in Skyrim?? I did that as I thought it wouldn't do any difference so I did that before one of the old female jarls. The Jarl told my char to go and get dressed and never come in that state again. I got very surprised when that did happen and now it is possible to do the same easy in Oblivion in a single row if you want too. So I couldn't perform with my bard mod until I got dressed up again :D