Mods and the creation club update...

robster248

Now let's try to figure out which ones among my 200+ mods are making use of F4SE :ninja:

You keep the original mod archives after you've downloaded them, don't you? If so, just look in each of them and see if they have an Data\F4SE folder. Simple!

I'm deeply worried about all of that now. I don't even dare to let the game be updated, and apparently can't even play if you don't update/are not online (says, game not ready to be played in offline mode).

It'll will block you if you happen to have steam online when the update is ready. When you go offline, the game wont start because of needing to install an update.

Basically you gotta plan around Beth's update schedule when you're going to have steam offline or not >_>.

It's totally inconvenient.

I'm deeply worried about all of that now. I don't even dare to let the game be updated, and apparently can't even play if you don't update/are not online (says, game not ready to be played in offline mode).

It'll will block you if you happen to have steam online when the update is ready. When you go offline, the game wont start because of needing to install an update.

Basically you gotta plan around Beth's update schedule when you're going to have steam offline or not >_>.

It's totally inconvenient.

I keep my games in offline mode as that prevents steam from downloading whatever. Only launch through F4SE. So long as you keep regular settings and stay in offline mode until you need something else you will never have to download that stuff. If it starts to download when you do switch to online then just pause it to do what you need and then switch back to offline. This works for me- no download to my FO4, no problems playing. Where this may run into problems is downloading mods that have been updated with the changes to F4SE. Luckily most mods right now do not need it.

Edit- I have found away to get around the forced download for good. First you need to switch to offline mode for steam then reboot your pc and start Skyrim or some other game than FO4. When it asks you to go online say no and stay in offline. Now just close out the game and THEN start up FO$ and you should not get the message or be blocked. I really don't like Steam or Beth/Zen for doing this crap. Someone also said you can just delete the files. But won't Steam just try to download them again?

Well, I play with mods. Just cant use f4se mods like transfer settlements. Which is a bit of a pain in the a** but, for all its many faults, without Bethseda, there would be no Fallout so......

• 2 weeks later...

Now let's try to figure out which ones among my 200+ mods are making use of F4SE :ninja:

You keep the original mod archives after you've downloaded them, don't you? If so, just look in each of them and see if they have an Data\F4SE folder. Simple!

It was an unsophisticated, tedious and time-consuming method, but it absolutely got the job done :D Thanks