Help with modding Creation Club items

crawe1x

I was able to completely extract the Creation Club content .BA2 files using BAE, and they're form of a pay wall for the game to utilize this content is literally a script line, which when removed, fix the file-folder structure to resemble more traditional DLC/Mods, and repacked into new .BA2s with a master .ESM in the load order, the content loads perfectly. Tested this out with the Gauss Rifle and Hellfire Power Armor (Gauss Rifle is pretty fun btw).

It doesn't sound like much of a pay wall on Beth's part! :laugh:

It's interesting what you did there, but for now I'll stick with renaming an .esl to .esp, editing in FO4Edit, and then naming it .esl again.

Honestly, I doubt I'll bother with any more of their micro DLCs. When it comes to weapons, I've already got more than I can even use. So unless Beth and the CC can offer something better than antistar's upcoming WARS mod, why bother?

• 2 weeks later...

okay...

1 - you wasted your money while simultaneously supporting anti-consumerism. Shame on you.

2 - it's not "content", IT'S PAID MODS. Put down the coolade and step away.

3 - Nexus had better free version anyway. Why would you buy garbage when you can have quality for free?

4 - you don't have to "give it a fair chance" by purchasing - just watch one of the many comparrison videos on youtube between the CC mods and the Nexus versions. Then remember that Bethesda is AGAIN trying to make money off paid mods. AGAIN. And they have the audacity to try to pitch us this underhanded cash grab as a good idea.

5 - they even have the gaul to tell us these mods that they expect us to pay for somehow AREN'T paid mods.

"giving them a fair chance" is what we've all been doing by telling to go f**k themselves as soon as they announced it.

I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed...

Edited by ambionstitches

okay...

1 - you wasted your money while simultaneously supporting anti-consumerism. Shame on you.

2 - it's not "content", IT'S PAID MODS. Put down the coolade and step away.

3 - Nexus had better free version anyway. Why would you buy garbage when you can have quality for free?

4 - you don't have to "give it a fair chance" by purchasing - just watch one of the many comparrison videos on youtube between the CC mods and the Nexus versions. Then remember that Bethesda is AGAIN trying to make money off paid mods. AGAIN. And they have the audacity to try to pitch us this underhanded cash grab as a good idea.

5 - they even have the gaul to tell us these mods that they expect us to pay for somehow AREN'T paid mods.

"giving them a fair chance" is what we've all been doing by telling to go f**k themselves as soon as they announced it.

I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed...

Ah, I can see you are one of those mature, open-minded types. :laugh: Don't judge something until you try it. Yes, I spent a tiny amount of money, and having done so, won't be spending any more unless they come up with something truly amazing. As for your disappointment, I'm really not going to lose any sleep over it.

Renaming doesn't work when making patches. Unless there is a way to manually edit the master file extension while in xEdit but I imagine xEdit would possibly crash. Someone elsewhere mentioned there was a plugin for .esl files for xEdit but google search has returned nothing.

Renaming doesn't work when making patches. Unless there is a way to manually edit the master file extension while in xEdit but I imagine xEdit would possibly crash. Someone elsewhere mentioned there was a plugin for .esl files for xEdit but google search has returned nothing.

Okay, thanks for the info.

• 4 years later...

Here is what little information I've found on the new .esl files.

Light Plugin: .esl

• Light plugin (.esl) file are a new optimized file format, introduced in the 1.10 Update. They behave like a normal plugin, except for the following:
    • .esl files are read-only. Active development should be done in an normal (.esp) plugin.
    • .esl files bypass the 8-bit plugin ID limit (255).
    • .esl files have a budget of no more than 4,000 forms.
    • .esl files are treated as unique files from the .esp it was converted from, so saved games will not be compatible between them.
  • To convert a normal plugin (.esp) to a light (.esl) plugin, load your .esp file, and under File, select Convert Active File to Light Master.
  • It is good practice to run Compact Active File Form IDs to optimize your formids within the 4,000 form budget.
    • NOTE: Compacting form ids does change formids in the plugin, so only do this before converting to .esl, and not on a .esp (plugin) you plan on releasing.

I have they are read only so your not going to be able to edit them in xEdit unfortunetly.

I have started a topic on them in the Creation kit section New .esl format

Lots of other modders use ESL files too even here on Nexus... in case someone didn't point that out.

Edited by Rae1Vixen