Script Dragon project no more?

biovespa

I hope this isn't dead. Some of my best mods rely on Script Dragon, and I can't even play Skyrim now because of a Script Dragon error.

I think it will, just give it time. in the mean time...SO glad i still have yet to update to the new patch. steam is always in offline mode for me unless i want a patch or something lol. Edited by PsYchotic666Joker

Script Dragon and SKSE are different, Script dragon is a greater utility but the plugin model is not good for Bethesda games for the created dependency on games patch versions not only from Script dragon itself as to most plugins of it. So you see, even after it is updated to the newer patch is still needed to wait most asi plugins to be updated too...

The same happens with SKSE today, but having "plugins" is not the idea of "script extender", SKSE will be really a script extender when that confuse phase with so many changes coming from Steam and WS is over, so SKSE can "inject" itself into the CK so it's new functions are "indeed" an extension of Papyrus capacity, having the same syntax of the vanilla functions, be used in the same script the vanilla functions are, compile in the same step and generating the same ESP driven mod, not a "plugin".

PS: Just look how OBSE (or even FOSE and NVSE) works to understand what I mean. Of course the change to Papyrus brought extra complexity to adapt but there are no doubts there are yet many things to be covered by a script extender, mainly in the area of Input/Output access (for Papyrus notoriously has none) but certainly not limited to it... at some point SKSE will start growing in response to modders requests for specific functions.

Edited by nosisab

How do I temporarily disable Script Dragon? I don't want to totally get rid of it, but I want it to cease functioning until so I can actually play Skyrim. Maybe later somebody else will update Script Dragon, but until then I want it disabled. Help please?

How do I temporarily disable Script Dragon? I don't want to totally get rid of it, but I want it to cease functioning until so I can actually play Skyrim. Maybe later somebody else will update Script Dragon, but until then I want it disabled. Help please?

Remove dinput8.dll and ScriptDragon.dll from your Skyrim folder (not Data folder) and you may have to remove your ScriptDragon plugins (asi) also, but maybe not.

I hope an update comes eventually, though soon would be better.

My favourite version of dual wield parry needs it. If it comes back I'll need to figure out how to disable steam updates to prevent this annoyance from happening again.

Remove dinput8.dll and ScriptDragon.dll from your Skyrim folder (not Data folder) and you may have to remove your ScriptDragon plugins (asi) also, but maybe not.

Thanks, I can play Skyrim now.

:D

And for some reason SkyUI still works perfectly. Whatever, I'm not complaining, lol. I thought that required Script Dragon.