Script Dragon project no more?

biovespa

I tend to be VERY picky when it comes to script extended mods for this reason alone.

Right now, though, I have one mod that uses script dragon that I cannot play without....companion hotkey.

This mod has made it such a blast to actually play the game with a functioning companion at the push of a button.

I hope script dragon is alive and well, but it has only been a few days.

SkyUI is dependent on SKSE I believe, not ScriptDragon.

Skyui does not need scriptdragon, but iHud did if you used the toggle function. If you hall iHud installed and you pull scriptdragon entirely from your skyrim folder and still can't run the game try reinstalling iHud with the toggle off. That *should* fix any issues.

disabling dinput8.dll at Skyrim folder disables Script Dragon completely but sometimes disabling mods can turn a save game unplayable. Each case must be treated as unique. Not only Script Dragon must be taken into account as all plugins using it too.

• 4 weeks later...

How do I temporarily disable Script Dragon? I don't want to totally get rid of it, but I want it to cease functioning until so I can actually play Skyrim. Maybe later somebody else will update Script Dragon, but until then I want it disabled. Help please?

Go to your Skyrim folder:

EG: C:\Program Files2\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim

and rename or delete: dinput8.dll & ScripDragon.dll

I hope an update comes eventually, though soon would be better.

My favourite version of dual wield parry needs it. If it comes back I'll need to figure out how to disable steam updates to prevent this annoyance from happening again.

Don't bother trying to disable Steam updates. The Steam client does not honor this "feature" and will update your games, anyway (one of the several reasons that I despise Steam). I've read about this issue many times and I've been bitten by it once, with a recent Skyrim update that broke my game, even though I had auto-update disabled. I play in offline mode ONLY, until Bethesda quits with the frequent "micro-updates" that seem to be breaking as many things as they fix. I'm currently still at version 1.4.something of Skyrim and I'll stay there until things settle down.

How do I temporarily disable Script Dragon? I don't want to totally get rid of it, but I want it to cease functioning until so I can actually play Skyrim. Maybe later somebody else will update Script Dragon, but until then I want it disabled. Help please?

Remove dinput8.dll and ScriptDragon.dll from your Skyrim folder (not Data folder) and you may have to remove your ScriptDragon plugins (asi) also, but maybe not.

Thanks, I can play Skyrim now.

:D

And for some reason SkyUI still works perfectly. Whatever, I'm not complaining, lol. I thought that required Script Dragon.

No other way to put this .... I love you :) back to sneaky backstabbing for me!