Mods and DLC peace talks for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of t

So I love the nexus! I have no true moding talent of my own. The most I have ever been able to manage is a few morphs for DA:O. I played Skyrim and loved it. Used all the new hair and armor mods! It's great... But last week I decided to go and see what I had been missing with Oblivion. Never played the game before so I purchased The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition through Steam. Now my I find that I have to choose between my Mods on the ModManager or my DLC content. The two just refuse to work together. Does anyone know of a fix for this? This wasn't a problem for any of my Dragon age games and I hope it doesn't prove to be one when Skyrim DLC appears. Thanks

It will depend on the particular mod. Most are compatible with the DLCs. In fact, all DLCs Except Shivering Isles can be treated exactly the same as mods. As that is what they really are. DLCs do install differently from mods, but once installed they act exactly like mods in how they work.

My guess is you will need to run a sorting program like BOSS to set the proper load order - BOSS handles DLCs as well as most mods.

BOSS: http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=20516

through Steam. Now my I find that I have to choose between my Mods on the ModManager or my DLC content. The two just refuse to work together.

what directory did you install steam into

what directory is your game installed into

(people who know me know this is heading into a UAC question, but will be nice first)

I first installed the game via disc... coudn't find the code that came with so I couldn't register it. It had been lying around for ages. My husband bought it while we were still in the army. I wanted the dlc so I then purchased it off the steam net work. I go through steam for my skyrim so it was just a matter of re-purchasing it and the price was good considering I would get all the dlc.

The disc seems to be under my games folder... I can see both Skyrim and Oblivion there but my steam folder is found further down under program files(x86) copys of skyrim and oblvion are there as well. Looking under the games files I can tell that is where my mods are... Can I just copy and paste the mods then delete the games version?

Here's a link to Bben46's wiki article Oblivion reinstall procedure. Don't miss the link near the top of the page about moving your Steam installation. Also don't skip the registry cleaning step ... it's important.

I could be confused, but I get the impression from you posts that you're trying to use the disk version of the game with the Steam versions of the DLCs. Not sure how that would work out.

Here's a link to Bben46's wiki article Oblivion reinstall procedure. Don't miss the link near the top of the page about moving your Steam installation. Also don't skip the registry cleaning step ... it's important.

I could be confused, but I get the impression from you posts that you're trying to use the disk version of the game with the Steam versions of the DLCs. Not sure how that would work out.

Thank you so much!