So, When Creation Club Gets Around to Skyrim...

LeddBate

Creation Club for FO4 Poll  

97 members have voted

1. 1. When you saw the offerings on the Creation Club for FO4, your response was.... (Pick any number of responses that most mirrors your reaction.)

• "AIIEEEE!" (Pulls eyes out and drops them into a vat of holy acid.)
    • "What the (deleted) is this (deleted)! What the (deleted) were those (deleted) (deleted) (deleted) thinking?!? (deleted)! (deleted)! (deleted)! (deleted)!"
    • "I TOLD you! What did I tell you would happen? Huh? Huh? Go on, WHAT did I say was going to happen?! For all you believers, here's your plate of crow. Enjoy." Full Disclosure: I (leddBate) was one of the believers.
    • "They can fix this. They can pull this out of the fire. Maybe. I don't know how but... maybe."
    • "Whine, whine, whine. Complain, complain, complain. Stop being such grump-meisters. Give Bethesda a chance to do better. It's early days yet."
    • "Meh. So what?"
    • "Eh, a bit pricey but whatever... That can change later."
    • OMG! This will eventually clog my drive and probably wreck my save game!

Gopher points out that you can set your Steam NOT to allow updates for your FO4 (and Skyrim) but that might cause issues down the road. What if you need to verify your files?

It's beginning to look like keeping a back-up of your basic Skyrim(s) would be an even better idea now.

What video does he say that in?

There is no setting in Steam for "not allow updates"

"Always keep this game up to date"

"Only update this game when I launch it"

"High Priority - Always auto-update this game before others"

Those are the only 3 options available these days.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to refuse that patch? If it would be in a form of free DLC, you simply wouldn't download it, but if it will be automatic? I didn't find it in settings.

It is an "upgrade". You cannot refuse it.

Well, unless you are offline.

actually, CC mods don't have to follow the "vanilla only" rule Sony has

Wouldn't that miss the biggest point of potential sales? PS4 is mod starved and users are no doubt more accustomed to microtransactional credit sucking items.

Except that the downloaded content will rapidly fill the limited HD space on the consoles, making it more of a detriment than a bonus.

Skyrim SE not having SKSE64 will make the sizeable Creation Club downloads more hassle-free since multiple updates for each SKSE64 mod will not be required.

Having SKSE64 would actually be a benefit since you could launch it from the SKSE64 launcher, keeping it from updating (if you set it to only update on launch).

The only workaround I can see would be to select the "only update this game when I launch it" option, so it doesn't automatically update when you log onto Steam. If you're going to play Skyrim, you can then go in offline mode and avoid the update. BUT keep in mind that this method won't allow you to use the Steam features that require an internet connection; playing in offline mode doesn't keep track of your hours played, you can't use the browser, and so on.

Edited by nightscrawl

I find the CC to be a matter of the good old "don't like it, don't buy it". Personally I am 100% for anything Bethesda makes so that authors get compensated for their work if they wish however if it means affecting free mods on a big scale then thats a no-no for me. What is a bigger problem is that this whole CC thing has revealed a lot of things in the commuity. Author makes mods for free since Morrowind, and to justify time and money spent, he/she decides it is a good idea to earn money by creating mods, however some users want to rob that oppurtinity from the author simply because they don't like the CC. That shows a lack of gratidude in my opinion.

I find the CC to be a matter of the good old "don't like it, don't buy it".

If only it worked like that.

CC, so far, has been an update to Fallout 4. Including all the files except the actual esp (or is it esl now?).

I do not want this content on my drive. But, unless I rename the F4SE loader, and set the game to only update when launched, I -will- have this content. Unable to use it, but I will still have it.

Since we don't have a SKSE64 for Skyrim, the only way to play that is off line... but staying offline isn't a solution.

Thankfully there is already a mod to remove the advertising for CC at every launch.

So far it seems that CC isn't even offering anything new or different. You can get those mods, or most of them, free as it is.

Does anyone know how much the authors are getting from Bethesda? Pennies likely.

Personally, just set steam to be "offline" and it will stay that way untill I have assurances that the "CC" will neither bork up my SKSE install, nor junk up my drive with content I do not want, and did not ask to have "force installed"

Yet another "win" for Bethesda. As Sterling put it "Bethetic"

Gopher points out that you can set your Steam NOT to allow updates for your FO4 (and Skyrim) but that might cause issues down the road. What if you need to verify your files?

It's beginning to look like keeping a back-up of your basic Skyrim(s) would be an even better idea now.

What video does he say that in?

There is no setting in Steam for "not allow updates"

"Always keep this game up to date"

"Only update this game when I launch it"

"High Priority - Always auto-update this game before others"

Those are the only 3 options available these days.

The only workaround I can see would be to select the "only update this game when I launch it" option, so it doesn't automatically update when you log onto Steam. If you're going to play Skyrim, you can then go in offline mode and avoid the update. BUT keep in mind that this method won't allow you to use the Steam features that require an internet connection; playing in offline mode doesn't keep track of your hours played, you can't use the browser, and so on.

There's your answer, Darole. Gopher says this in one of the videos above. Sorry I can't remember specifically which one.