Almalexia Armor

ProfArmitage

MGSO includes the version of Plangkye's Better Almalexia that has an esp that makes her armor lootable treasure. However, the armor isn't actually on her body when you kill her in-game. I checked in the Construction Set, and both almalexia and Almalexia_warrior have the items in their inventory when almalexia armor.esp is active, but they don't show up in the game.

Is this a known issue? (I've been away from Morrowind for years.) TESPCD doesn't report any conflicts. I'm not using BTB-Equipment, which is the only conflict listed in MLOX.

I ran into a similar situation with Morrowind Patch Project changes to a couple pieces of armor not showing up in game, while other parts of the MPP did, so maybe it's something on my end.

EDIT: Okay. I just used some cheats to kill Vivec, and the esp from Psymoniser's Vivec God Replacement (Psy_VGR_Armour.esp), which comes with MGSO and is supposed to give him lootable armor as well, doesn't do it either. It appears to be a general issue I'm having.

Edited by ProfArmitage

I just opened the game in the Construction Set with every esp that's included in MGSO selected, and the armor is gone from both Almalexia and Vivec, so there is something else in MGSO that's overwriting them.

It looks like New Voices.esp, which I believe is a compilation of five separate voice addon mods, is the culprit. It contains copies of the original creatures, and loads much later than the other two mods.

Thanks.

Maybe using TESPCD's "Single vs All" check would help. Set the Almalexia Armour mod as the single, all your other mods as the All.

That should at least highlight mods also affecting the same Records as the Armour mod.

Merged Objects could probably help you out here though

Even though TESPCD doesn't show the conflict, it turns out that TESTool does.

CREA almalexia
> almalexia armor.esp
SCRI almaScript ; Tribunal.esm
NPCO 1, 1pl_alma_bracer
NPCO 1, 1pl_alma_pauldron_r
NPCO 1, 1pl_alma_pauldron_l
NPCO 1, 1pl_Alma_Clothes
> New Voices.esp
SCRI alm_almaScript

I discovered a couple other cases where that happens too. That's what I get for just using the one program.

But yes, I just checked and Single vs. All does show the conflict...and it's showing up with the Full Check now that I'm looking. I guess I was just blind before.

Edited by ProfArmitage

Even though TESPCD doesn't show the conflict, it turns out that TESTool does.

CREA almalexia

> almalexia armor.esp

SCRI almaScript ; Tribunal.esm

NPCO 1, 1pl_alma_bracer

NPCO 1, 1pl_alma_pauldron_r

NPCO 1, 1pl_alma_pauldron_l

NPCO 1, 1pl_Alma_Clothes

> New Voices.esp

SCRI alm_almaScript

I discovered a couple other cases where that happens too. That's what I get for just using the one program.

But yes, I just checked and Single vs. All does show the conflict...and it's showing up with the Full Check now that I'm looking. I guess I was just blind before.

SO both mods intentionally change the SCRI (if you're using TESTool I assume you've already cleaned them). So that looks like a hard conflict which Merged Objectes.esp wouldn't help with.

At a guess the almalexia armor one makes her corpse stick around so you can loot it, the voices one plays sound files. Impossible to say without eyeballing the scripts though.

Yes.

SO both mods intentionally change the SCRI (if you're using TESTool I assume you've already cleaned them). So that looks like a hard conflict which Merged Objectes.esp wouldn't help with.

At a guess the almalexia armor one makes her corpse stick around so you can loot it, the voices one plays sound files. Impossible to say without eyeballing the scripts though.

The almalexia armor one makes the armor she wears a set of lootable items, alongside Hopesfire and Barilzar's Mazed Band. The voices one makes all of her speech actually spoken, in addition to the original text boxes. I checked the script and it just changes her scripted audio greetings to ones that use the new voice, so they're in a different location.

Say "Vo\Misc\tr_almgreet1.mp3" "Many Blessings upon you, my loyal servant."

compared to

Say "Vo\Alma\alma_gen_greet_01.mp3" , "Many Blessings upon you, my loyal servant."

Almalexia armor uses the original script from Tribunal, so it's reported as a conflict.