Stereotypes in Men.. uncalled for or accurate?

Dweedle

Hmmm so you say big boy, so you say LOL :biggrin: :rolleyes:

Forgot to mention. Walking your friend's German Sheppard or Golden Retriever while topless on a university campus after helping them move in without a shirt on also works.......

Pretty sure sun glasses add to that scenario but no one had any. I'm not too sure how the lil midget dogs would work though, mind you I like dachshunds.

p.s. Wasn't my idea, was a chick's idea lol. Not past 25 yet, I'm pretty damn sure if I had a kid right now more people would be going "how'd that mistake happen" rather than "awww".

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahaha topless hmmm well now ... are you ready for a stroke :teehee: ... the bigger the dog the better and you know it ... there's just something about a guy with a big dog, right ?

And shades are good as long as your nose is straight ... how about shaggy hair, you got shaggy hair sweetheart, something I can dig my fingers into ... just before i head butt you :biggrin: and steal your bike and your girlfriend ... mwahahahahaha.

Men.

Edited by Nintii

Hahahaha topless hmmm well now ... are you ready for a stroke :teehee: ... the bigger the dog the better and you know it ... there's just something about a guy with a big dog, right ?

And shades are good as long as your nose is straight ... how about shaggy hair, you got shaggy hair sweetheart, something I can dig my fingers into ... just before i head butt you :biggrin: and steal your bike and your girlfriend ... mwahahahahaha.

Men.

Nah on shaggy hair. I go from anime hair (think Noctis FFXIII Versus) to Genji from Crows Zero.

And I'd just give you the bike. You'd kill yourself on it in less than 10 seconds. Over rev, pop clutch, bike no like you, you flip off and break your back. Anything 600CC sport or above 650 standard will murder new blood.

Can someone remind me of the topic here?I can't seem to tell from the past page or two. :thumbsup:~Lisnpuppy

The OP was about the stereotyping of men, and whether it was warranted. :whistling:

We've drifted a little from that to be more about stereotyping in general, I think. :thumbsup:

Anyhoo...

Men get stereotyped from all corners:

* cry, you get stereotyped as a weakling.

* don't cry, you get labelled an emotionless bastard.

* love fast cars, get labelled a hoon (or petrol-head).

* hold a door opened for a woman, get labelled a woman-hater.

* don't hold a door open for a woman, get labelled a chauvanist pig.

* love to cook, get labelled a pansy.

* can't boil water, get labelled a layabout slob.

They're all stereotypes, based on the eye of the beholder. Are any of them correct...or justifiable?

Can someone remind me of the topic here?I can't seem to tell from the past page or two. :thumbsup:~Lisnpuppy

Yes it does seem quite off track I'll give you that ... I suppose you could see this as a "case study" in action, well that was where I was going at any rate

a few words here and there - a little scatching on the surface ... and he's still fine, no boorishness, bravado or arrogance.

This is what I "don't" have a problem with ... rather it's the guy that when you remove his props that he flounders because that's what he relies on ... our gunea pig in

this experiment (sorry nbbh1510), is still fine.

Though because he has (or just mentioned it) dated models it seemed like he was using it as a yardstick and got panned for it, you know like "I've dated models

I'm the man" stereotypical bragging guy.

And so i decided to have some fun ... had I not been confident in his capacity to not get bent out of shape then I would never have done what I did ... because it was clear

to me that he was just messing with peoples minds a bit.

Yes it does seem quite off track I'll give you that ... I suppose you could see this as a "case study" in action, well that was where I was going at any rate

a few words here and there - a little scatching on the surface ... and he's still fine, no boorishness, bravado or arrogance.

This is what I "don't" have a problem with ... rather it's the guy that when you remove his props that he flounders because that's what he relies on ... our gunea pig in

this experiment (sorry nbbh1510), is still fine.

Though because he has (or just mentioned it) dated models it seemed like he was using it as a yardstick and got panned for it, you know like "I've dated models

I'm the man" stereotypical bragging guy.

And so i decided to have some fun ... had I not been confident in his capacity to not get bent out of shape then I would never have done what I did ... because it was clear

to me that he was just messing with peoples minds a bit.

Not entirely.

You see, the stereotype actually goes both ways.

I take passion in what I do. I don't hit corners at 130km/h with my knee scraping the floor and inches away from dislocating/break every bone in my body to show off. I do it because I'm in love with the thrill of "being alive but almost dead". There's also a saying that some riders have, the ones who aren't parked at a coffee shop with other posers. That saying is

"I don't ride to be seen. I ride to disappear".

The whole Tough Mudder thing I decided to do with a group of friends but also that of potential future business group members. Consider this:

60%+ of all IT projects (like I said, I'm a nerd who's out of the stereotype) fail. Considering the fact that programming and computers by themselves are completely worthless without human interaction...you'd understand why the failure rate is so high. Many people in the IT community, mostly men, are NOT aware of there surroundings. These men are grouped into the stereotype known as "nerds".

When you think of nerds, you do not think of some fat chick playing Maple Story because that's not how the media portrays it. It's either a skinny or fat MALE in front of a computer with very very strict comfort zone. Any real life social interaction leads to complete awkwardness or stupidity.

I challenge people to expand or leave their comfort zone as both a way of "advising" how to improve their life but also to take out my frustrations on the nerd stereotype strictly for men. What I did mention is that at one point in my life I was actually that fat kid in front of a computer all day long. With that said I've seen both sides of the stereotype and I'm definitely going to say the "other side" is much better. Nothing beats the reaction of bringing a new girl friend (haven't had this happen for 3 years though) after displaying crap tons of "I'm a jock" stereotype signs and her seeing 3 monitors, 2 computers, 7.1 speakers, and a server. You really do need both sides if the stereotype in your favor if you don't want to work as someone's *censored* for the rest of your life.

And again, appearance and physique definitely do play a role in your ability to find a job.

EDIT: On the flip side, you should see the kind of stereotype women get. There was an incident at the university I go to where a woman was raped. The police made this public statement:

"Don't dress like a prostitute if you don't want to get raped".

Though there is some truth behind that, as a man who does not go around sexually assaulting women, I like my eye candy. I also don't believe you can blame someone for wanting to look sexy...not mention the whole statement is just socially wrong!

Edited by nbbh1510

* cry, you get stereotyped as a weakling.

* don't cry, you get labelled an emotionless bastard.

I HATE THAT ONE!!!!!

Anyway, considering men run you're countries, buisnesses, and armies, I think women should think about a few things BEFORE saying things.

But then again, if you look at it, men started to make stereotypes in women before vise-versa came along.

Either way I just ignore that kind of stuff. Some people hate it, like me, and still you're basicly forced to hear it.

Oh wow. Just wow. There is so much that can be said on this topic. I tried to say earlier that stereotypes are a bunch of hooey, and that is still what I believe.

However, since the topic seems to have been expanded somewhat I believe I will toss in my two cents (or maybe just a tad more)

In my humble opinion men (and women) are stereotyped by those who choose not to take the time to use what little brain capacity they have and look at the whole person. It is so much easier to just toss off a quick (usually derogatory) remark to define the entire gender and thereby label a specific human being as "macho", "nerdy", "slutty", "dumb blonde", "arrogant", and so many other wonderfully stupid adjectives.... My point is that we are all unique individuals. Some of us do have the characteristics described in the above posts by all of you, but they have absolutely nothing to do with the innate gender of the individual. They have to do with that individual's upbringing, environment and/or life choices and probably lots of other criteria.

To define an entire gender by one's personal experiences with specific individuals of that gender limits ones horizons in pursuing further knowledge of humanity.

I could take this a step further and attempt to explain why I think some of the men that have been described got to be the way they were, and women's role in that scenario. But I will leave that for another topic. For now let us just keep to the thread topic, which I believe had something to do with stereotypes in men and whether or not they are called for or accurate. In my opinion, as I have stated time and time again, NO STEREOTYPE is called for or accurate; not now, not ever; not if we deal with one another as individual human beings.............:armscrossed:

Oh wow. Just wow. There is so much that can be said on this topic. I tried to say earlier that stereotypes are a bunch of hooey, and that is still what I believe.

However, since the topic seems to have been expanded somewhat I believe I will toss in my two cents (or maybe just a tad more)

In my humble opinion men (and women) are stereotyped by those who choose not to take the time to use what little brain capacity they have and look at the whole person. It is so much easier to just toss off a quick (usually derogatory) remark to define the entire gender and thereby label a specific human being as "macho", "nerdy", "slutty", "dumb blonde", "arrogant", and so many other wonderfully stupid adjectives.... My point is that we are all unique individuals. Some of us do have the characteristics described in the above posts by all of you, but they have absolutely nothing to do with the innate gender of the individual. They have to do with that individual's upbringing, environment and/or life choices and probably lots of other criteria.

To define an entire gender by one's personal experiences with specific individuals of that gender limits ones horizons in pursuing further knowledge of humanity.

I could take this a step further and attempt to explain why I think some of the men that have been described got to be the way they were, and women's role in that scenario. But I will leave that for another topic. For now let us just keep to the thread topic, which I believe had something to do with stereotypes in men and whether or not they are called for or accurate. In my opinion, as I have stated time and time again, NO STEREOTYPE is called for or accurate; not now, not ever; not if we deal with one another as individual human beings.............:armscrossed:

I couldn't read that at first because of the colour, but I did get to read it :)

Anyway, I agree, and that's 'nuff said.