[WIP] PaladinRider's 'The Island'

PaladinRider

This sounds very fun! I can't wait!

One thing though. I think being a Jarl is a rather large achievement, perhaps you should make a level restriction for finding the captain? Something like the player must be level 30-50 to first encounter him?

I just think it may be a bit....odd? To have the player become Jarl of somewhere when he may just be, say, level 5.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds very fun! I can't wait!

One thing though. I think being a Jarl is a rather large achievement, perhaps you should make a level restriction for finding the captain? Something like the player must be level 30-50 to first encounter him?

I just think it may be a bit....odd? To have the player become Jarl of somewhere when he may just be, say, level 5.

Going about having the player become the Jarl of the settlement is something that I had to think about. To be honest I'm not entirely satisfied with the way it's happening now. I am working with it and I want it to flow really well. Don't worry though the player will be demonstrating himself/herself to become the jarl in front of the others there.

I am aiming for this mod to be for players of level 15+.. It will be pretty tough for lower-level players I think.

There is no audio yet. I also realized that I'd forgotten to include the blank audio clips. The blank clips will play while the actors are talking and the subtitles will appear for as long as the blank clips play. So by forgetting to include the blank clips, everybody talks too fast, sometimes too fast for the subtitles to appear. I have a hunch that this is why nothing is happening on board the ship because it works for me when I have the blank files.

I am very much excited! I loved Run the Lucky 38 and this looks like everythign Fable 3 should have been. It's a very ambnitious project so I wihs you the best my friend.

How's your mod going ? Any updates ?

Unfortunately I haven't made any progress... I've little motivation and my modding computer is down at the moment. I'm sure I'll pick it up within a week or so.

I am very much excited! I loved Run the Lucky 38 and this looks like everythign Fable 3 should have been. It's a very ambnitious project so I wihs you the best my friend.

you do not need blank audio files, someone went out of their way to make a resource for you.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=14884

The CK has a built in recorder that's easy enough. Just click record, wait a few seconds, and save. I just simply forgot to include these audio clips with the download.

• 9 months later...