Connected metro tunnels and pertaining dungeons

Shidentora

If someone could connect all the metro stations and similar dungeons (Rock Creek Caverns, Jury St. Station, etc.)... Now, THAT would be absolutely awesome!

Just imagine: staying underground for days scavenging, exploring, fighting ghouls and super mutants...

I'm sorry, I can't make this. I have no idea how to mod anything, apart from GECKing my equipment:(

And, even if I knew, I wouldn't have time to do so.

So, here I am, asking for this.

Edited by Shidentora

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you, i like the idea. If you want to try to do it yourself, i can help you out. I need to learn GECK as well

Haha, hello again:)

Well, I am always in mood for learning new stuff but, believe me, I ain't got no time for it - I hardly manage to GECK my guns and have some FO3 play. I am a busy man.

There is, however, some kind of GECK tutorial at Bethesda's, so go ahead and try it out, fren.

As always, make sure to:

take your time

be(come) sure what you want

devise a plan how to do it (pen and paper/ Word 7 etc:) )

make it real

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, I've been tossing around ideas on what mod to do. This would be well within my skill set I think too with the GECK. Just posting to make sure no one is trying a concept like this right now.

Otherwise, I'll come up with something else.. :O

That's an interesting resource. I was looking over that last night, until I got totally derailed. It may be a real good base for a mod, I did download it, but I didn't have time to check it out yet.

Also Shidentora - I liked the derelict carrier idea. I do remember the one from FarCry 1 - I loved getting ahold of that Minigun on the deck :)

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/573043-the-forgotten-aircraft-carrier/

The Carrier might actually interest me a bit more and I even think I have a good idea to expand on that too. I'm a bit 'hesitant' to make a mod that requires another, just in case the original file gets pulled or whatever from the Nexus or something like that happens, but maybe I'm over paranoid, lol.

I'll take a look at both idea this weekend, I really need to get a project in the works, instead of these nights of haunting this forum and poking around the intrawebz for ideas. I just have a few major requirements (personal) - I want it to be fairly unique, don't want to been seen as trying to 'copy' another's idea on a completed or mod in development, and I want it to fit in the 'canon' Fallout world - even if I have to make a couple stretches or add the 'fix-all' FEV virus to the mix, hehe - but it should be at the very least, plausible.

Edited by Overcast73

That's an interesting resource. I was looking over that last night, until I got totally derailed. It may be a real good base for a mod, I did download it, but I didn't have time to check it out yet.

Also Shidentora - I liked the derelict carrier idea. I do remember the one from FarCry 1 - I loved getting ahold of that Minigun on the deck :)

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/573043-the-forgotten-aircraft-carrier/

The Carrier might actually interest me a bit more and I even think I have a good idea to expand on that too. I'm a bit 'hesitant' to make a mod that requires another, just in case the original file gets pulled or whatever from the Nexus or something like that happens, but maybe I'm over paranoid, lol.

I'll take a look at both idea this weekend, I really need to get a project in the works, instead of these nights of haunting this forum and poking around the intrawebz for ideas. I just have a few major requirements (personal) - I want it to be fairly unique, don't want to been seen as trying to 'copy' another's idea on a completed or mod in development, and I want it to fit in the 'canon' Fallout world - even if I have to make a couple stretches or add the 'fix-all' FEV virus to the mix, hehe - but it should be at the very least, plausible.

HAIL!

Thamk for comming in, fren:)

Lemme answer ya:

Regarding the metro tunnels:

Y'know, am so happy someone is into these ideas:)

When I saw the DC Subway, I thought I'd go nuts with happiness:) Was happy like a mutt (bark, bark, LOL).

However, what I had in mind were the interconnected EXISTING metro stations as they are - full of skeletons and ghouls and trash, etc. Now, THAT (also) would be really awesome.

Regarding the Aircraft carrier:

Well, it wouldn't be really necessary for it to require another mod - just remind us to change in our FalloutPrefs the line which provides for going out of the map and - bingo - you got it:). As for the location, apart from those I had in mind, another OK place would be "towards the sea." Um, as you face the Rivet City Market entrance, to your left.

HAIL!

Lemme answer ya:

When I saw the DC Subway, I thought I'd go nuts with happiness:) Was happy like a mutt (bark, bark, LOL).

However, what I had in mind were the interconnected EXISTING metro stations as they are - full of skeletons and ghouls and trash, etc. Now, THAT (also) would be really awesome.

Well, it wouldn't be really necessary for it to require another mod - just remind us to change in our FalloutPrefs the line which provides for going out of the map and - bingo - you got it:). As for the location, apart from those I had in mind, another OK place would be "towards the sea." Um, as you face the Rivet City Market entrance, to your left.

Yeah, I followed you on the Metro Idea ok - and the Carrier - PointLookout is definitely best. Rivet City is kind of buggy to work with, I already made a copy of the carrier and have it in PointLookout near the Grotto. It's just that it's size causes the GECK to 'bug out' sometimes, but I have a workaround for that now too. I kind of like the carrier idea ok, it does fit back together ok too - sorta.. :)

I'm leaning on the Carrier idea, no promises of course, it has a lot to do with time and real life hassles, as always you know? Keeping in mind, I'm still somewhat a 'newb' at this too.. :)

I'll do what I can I'm hoping to really finish one of these mods and get it on the Nexus, I have a bit of an idea to expand on this a little too. Of course, it will just be a dead in the water carrier, even if it was possible to make it move - where the heck would you go with something that big? lol

Edited by Overcast73

HAIL!

Lemme answer ya:

Yeah, I followed you on the Metro Idea ok - and the Carrier - PointLookout is definitely best. Rivet City is kind of buggy to work with, I already made a copy of the carrier and have it in PointLookout near the Grotto. It's just that it's size causes the GECK to 'bug out' sometimes, but I have a workaround for that now too. I kind of like the carrier idea ok, it does fit back together ok too - sorta.. :)

I'm leaning on the Carrier idea, no promises of course, it has a lot to do with time and real life hassles, as always you know? Keeping in mind, I'm still somewhat a 'newb' at this too.. :)

I'll do what I can I'm hoping to really finish one of these mods and get it on the Nexus, I have a bit of an idea to expand on this a little too. Of course, it will just be a dead in the water carrier, even if it was possible to make it move - where the heck would you go with something that big? lol

Man, thank you for your dedication. Maybe someday I'll also make a mod. I have a great imagination, as Sgt. Hazy can tell you, so that I would some day. This game will never go obsolete.

If you like some kind of mod and need recommendation, I'm your man.