Anyway To Find a Troublesome Mod?

Nenilai

Not looking for someone to fix this for me, just want to know how to find it myself.

Trying to figure out which mod is spamming items, I've disabled them one by one but left over scripts I'm guessing are continuing the problem...I don't just want to reinstall either, I'm curious if there's a method of discovering what mod is responsible... is there any way at all to see what mod gave you and item or equipped an object at the moment the player receives it? or any way to log what items are given from which source?.

I've tried pointing at the item while in the console but I'm being handed normal weapons and armor and potions so it just says they are from Skyrim.esm, and I have no mods that are meant to hand me equipment and items, so its either a bug or something that was forgotten in one of them maybe.

Identifying content:

Tes5Edit will tell you all content any mod has added

You can get Tes5Edit here --> https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25859/? <--

once you have it, load it, and load all mods, then you can check any content each mod has added, it will all be in categories.

If That does not help

Possible Solution 1:

their is a tool, called save game script cleaner, which may be able to get rid of the spam.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?

at the very least this tool may tell you which script is causing the spam

and if that did not help

Possible Solution 2:

you might have to enable papyrus logging, as that should tell you which scripts are constantly being fired. which should give you an idea of the culprit or blatantly tell you the very script which is causing the spam

to enable papyrus logging:

go to --> C:\Users\Your Computer Name\Documents\My Games\Skyrim <--

Open Skyrim.ini

and look for bEnableLogging=0 - (change to 1)

the logs should then be in the same place as the ini files (once you have loaded the game).

Notes:

Scripts are baked in to the save files, so if you did delete a mod that has scripts, then they will keep firing, eventually this will lead to save bloat, many issues will arise and eventually your saves will start corrupting

if you start experiencing a lot of freezing and crashing, then your saves are destined to corrupt thus forcing you to start over.

also when you have sorted your problem, i recommend disabling papyrus logging again, as having it constantly enabled is not a good idea.

Edited by Guest