Thanks BIOWARE, can't play yet even though I legitimately bought t

SpellAndShield

But as for ME3 overall the game is good the ending(s) suck big time. No matter what ending you pick their all the same except for a small small difference.

Oh come on, you could've at least given people some info on where to stop. Chances are they won't listen (I know I didn't) but still, even if one person listens and all that...

@all who didn't finish the game: after the last scene with Shepard and his friend (they are sitting and commenting the view, you'll figure out the rest yourself) hit alt+F4. Save yourself allot of anguish, confusion and rage and just imagine your own ending. Trust me, whatever it is, it'd still be better then what you'd witness in next 3-5 minutes. The ending(s) are so bad that the poll which in only 3 days of existence hit the most visited/voted mark on BW forums and is still rapidly growing has some ~97% people claiming that ending(s) suck bigtime.

Edited by FreeeLancer

^^^^^ sadly this guy tells the truth I thought guys like him were trolls, there's no way the ending is that bad when the game this awesome. One of the best games I ever played.... Then I passed it...... Then I uninstalled it.

There is truely only one ending. With 3 versions that have different colors. Please if you want to enjoy mass effect stop when you passed it. Don't watch the ending. Not only disappointing it has so many lore killing plot holes.

Listen to his advice.

Edit: I suck at typing

Edited by hector530

what's more, because I needed to create a new account for Origin I could only register the game under that account meaning if I want to post about ME3 stuff I have to use that account, which means this one is effectively useless. Release date check? Are you kidding me? you want to see my receipt? I can't play a game I legally bought because you don't want people in Europe to play it yet? I can predict that people will grow tired of jumping through hoops for you. I remember when you could buy a game, install it and play it. Remember that novel concept? Maybe next time you should/can distribute EA chips to insert in our brains so we can register properly. Seriously...if I didn't love ME3 I would be done with you. What is the point of this?

Why are you blaming BioWare when they don't handle distirbution? Take it up with EA instead and ask for a global release date instead of regional.

Hmmm was reading an intresting thing on the BW social forums about the ending. The reason the current ending is so crappy is all the events after the Reapers knocking Shepard on his/her ass was all a dream due to the reapers actaully fearing shep would win. As the only true ending is the Destruction ending which breaks their influence on shep as its the only ending that the special shep alive section is shown. So pretty much if that is true then the game shipped incomplete. :(

we tried to warn you. i didn't listen, i expected a bad ending from the start but Bioware blew my mind..... on how awful it was. if you think about it, its pretty amazing how awful the ending is!!! i mean you, I and so many others have the exact same experience!!! we thought it was one of the best games ever, then we passed it and it was so awful it that we can never look at mass effect the same way ever again!!! its amazing!!!

honestly i could have forgiven the awful endings.. all 3 of them(lol). if they made any god damn sense. there is so many plot holes and the whole event screams "DEUX EX MACHINA!!!"

if you dont know what deux ex machina means here

@Gracinfields: It's just a fan theory that came from disbelief of the endings quality... It's not what BW intended to make, just like the current ending(s) is not what they wanted to make initially (as you can see if you look at the earlier leaked versions of the scripts and the game manual itself).

Just to repeat myself again: If you haven't finished the game already stop playing after you reach the part with Shepard and his friend sitting and commenting the view. Just Alt+F4 out of the game and make up your own ending, or look at many versions of fan endings that are floating on the net. There are a ton of them that make more sense then what BW gave us and they range from Disney-like "happily ever after" to "everybody dies, but we went down fighting". Most importantly none of them will make you wish you never played any of the Mass Effect games.

Edited by FreeeLancer

I really think that Bioware was merely rushed for time, and EA didn't want to delay the game again, so Bioware had to rush to make cheap endings.

I can't believe that Bioware would have made endings like these on purpose. They're nothing like what we were promised.

The problems are

-gaping plotholes

-your choices throughout the game have zero impact

-no matter what your choices throughout the game, you can still access every ending

-the endings came out of nowhere and don't even make any sense at all

-the endings are not in touch with the lore of the game

-the endings all basically destroy the ME universe

-the endings provide no closure at all

I'm really appalled by them. I can't even begin to explain how angry and disappointed I am. This was one of the most iconic series' in gaming history, and Bioware just spat in all the fans' faces with these endings. Now instead of remembering it as one of my favorite games ever, I'm only left remembering how much Bioware screwed us over with the last installment.

The saddest thing about the ending issue is the major reviewers are all completely ignoring it in their ratings, and continuing to just sell the hype from before launch as more and more fans come forward angry and upset about what they had happen to their game universe. And people wonder why the metacritic user reviews have been abysmal (critic reviews averaged 93-94/100, while user reviews averaged at best 4.9/10 for Xbox360 and an almost unbelievably low 3.5/10 for PC), while Bioware/EA rides on the excuse it's only trolls and homophobes slamming the game.

Almost amusingly there has been one media outlet taking a serious look at what has been happening and the fan backlash, and it isn't really even a video game site doing it. It adds some context if you also read the previous few articles by Erik Kain, but this guy manages to cover the core of things with a possible solution to ease things over. Not that Bioware/EA will ever admit they made a mistake, they have been banning folks left and right from the Bioware Social Network (and stripping them of access to all their Origin games in the process) for many less self-controlled complaints on their forums.

So I head the ending sucked. I thought it was due to military thingee. But i'll make myself a favor and alt+f4 and get an alternate ending.

Right now I am disapointed. The animation sucks, the 3d model sucks, the texture sucks. Hell this is not 2009 anymore.

Some says that DA2 was the pinnacle of gaming, the numero uno RPG ever made. Some thought it was a rushed and fail game, that's what I inclined too. To me ME3 is like what DA2 is to DA:O. A rushed and failed game.