Screenshoots and 3rd person view...?

saiikyo

Hi.

I started playing Oblivion and there are some things that I can not seem to do.

I saw some pictures of the game and I was wondering:

- how do we do screenshots?

- During the "third person view", I wondered if it was possible to move the center of the camera?

Because, when my character is sitting, lying, or in "sneak mode", I do not see him very well (in "Vanity mode") due to the center of the camera that is too high.

However, on some screenshots that I saw, the character is at the center of the image, even sitting.

How this is done...?

Hi.

I started playing Oblivion and there are some things that I can not seem to do.

I saw some pictures of the game and I was wondering:

- how do we do screenshots?

- During the "third person view", I wondered if it was possible to move the center of the camera?

Because, when my character is sitting, lying, or in "sneak mode", I do not see him very well (in "Vanity mode") due to the center of the camera that is too high.

However, on some screenshots that I saw, the character is at the center of the image, even sitting.

How this is done...?

Move your mouse wheel, and you will see the result ^^ !

Move your mouse wheel, and you will see the result ^^ !

... :down:

this kind of answer does not help anyone!

Move the wheel only just zoom in and out, it does not change the fact that my character is at the bottom of the screen...

Open the console (using the tilde (~) key found on standard keyboards just below the Esc key) and then 'tfc' (without the quote marks) and Enter. Hit tilde again to close the console. This will toggle free camera. When you're done open the console and tfc back to normal. While you have the console open you can also 'tm' to toggle off the menus. Edited by Striker879

:laugh: :laugh:

Thank you for your answer Striker879, I have just to try it and it works very well.

Now, I would like to know how we make screenshoots? I tried all the buttons on the keyboard but none make screenshoots???

I do not understand...

The default is the Prt Scn key, usually found to the right of your 'F keys' (e.g. F12) on standard keyboards. You may need to edit your Oblivion.ini file if it isn't working for you, but be aware that when you toggle menus off with the console command 'tm' you won't see the notification that a screenshot was taken. Your screenshots are found in the same folder as your Oblivion.exe (the default location is C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion, but if you are using either Vista or Windows 7 you have hopefully changed that to a folder outside of Program Files when you installed the game).

To find Oblivion.ini (NOT Oblivion_default.ini that is in that same Oblivion folder as your Oblivion.exe) look in 'Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Oblivion' for Vista and Win 7 or 'Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion' for Win XP (if you don't have 'Show extensions for known file types' turned on it will be the file 'Oblivion' that has a slightly different 'Notepad text file' look to it). It should open in Notepad by default. Using 'Find' off the 'Edit' menu search for the string 'bAllowScreenShot' (without the quote marks). If it says 'bAllowScreenShot=0' change the zero to a one (so it says 'bAllowScreenShot=1'). Save the changes and close the ini. There are a couple of other settings that can be changed ('SScreenShotBaseName' and 'iScreenShotIndex') but normally you don't need to mess with them (you can change your screenshots name when you edit it in Paint.NET or whatever editing program you use).

Happy screenshotting.

Look in your Oblivion folder for them ... by default it will be C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion, but considering you're running Vista hopefully you installed somewhere like C:\Games\Oblivion.