Anyone else waiting for Vortex before they start a new game?

mkr1977

I am waiting for Vortex before I start a new game. The reason is that I can't iron out the bugs with my massive load order, and I have discovered that the way nexus installs the mods is doing it, and the features of Vortex will ameliorate that problem.

Are there any insiders here that know when Vortex will be released? I currently have a lot of time on my hands and would love to start a new game lol.

Well as a stop gap you could give MO2 a try - some people have problems with it, personally I've had nothing go wrong (aside from when I moved it - had some registry issues I had to clean up). It's much more reliable when it comes to installing/uninstalling textures at least, as nothing is every permanently overwritten.

I am waiting for Vortex before I start a new game. The reason is that I can't iron out the bugs with my massive load order, and I have discovered that the way nexus installs the mods is doing it, and the features of Vortex will ameliorate that problem.

Are there any insiders here that know when Vortex will be released? I currently have a lot of time on my hands and would love to start a new game lol.

Genuinely curious... What sort of bugs are we talking about? I'm using NMM with 200 odd mods and have no problems that I'm aware of. I've made a few patches along the way, but other than that, NMM works like a charm for me.

Â

Â

Genuinely curious... What sort of bugs are we talking about? I'm using NMM with 200 odd mods and have no problems that I'm aware of. I've made a few patches along the way, but other than that, NMM works like a charm for me.

Same here, I don't doubt that some people have problems with it, but I've installed and uninstalled mods at least hundreds of times between skyrim, SE, new vegas and fallout 4. the worst problems I've had were maybe 2 or 3 times all together having to reinstall a mod becuase it didn't fully install. I'm sure the new version will work well, but I'm actually not looking forward to switching, I just hate to change something that is working so well for me