Making paid mods work

mkr1977

I am on the record as being positive towards the Creation Club before it came out. Now that it is out we can talk about it without wild speculation.

What is interesting to me is that the Creation Club is actually far worse than anyone actually expected. The people that worried that CC would end the era of free mods can rest easy - Creation Club is just that bad.

CC is probably dead on arrival, but if there is some sort of paid mods system in the future, here is my suggestion.

Mods should come in different pricing tiers, depending on the scope of the mod. A mod that is an armor might cost 50 cents, while a huge mod like Outcasts & Remnants could cost $4.

My suggestion is that there be 5 pricing tiers. 50 cents, $1, $2, $3, and $4. The revenue will be shared by the game publisher and the mod authors. My suggestion is along the lines of a progressive tax. Share of the sale for mod authors based on price -

50 cents/ 90% = 45 cents

$1/ 80% = 80 cents

$2/ 70% = $1.40

$3/ 60% = $1.80

$4/ 50% = $2

The scope of the mod will determine what tier it appears on initially. Then, every six months the mod drops one tier until it reaches the 50 cent mark (if it wasn't there already). That means that a mod that started at $4 will be 50 cents in 2 years. This ensures that the mod will be broadly disseminated, and will provide new sales at each tier.

I hope that Bethesda is paying attention.

Has been discussed hundreds of times.There are several threads about that topic. CC sucks. Bethesda doesn't care. They want your money, thats the only thing that counts. Prices are ridicoulus. Charging money for a reskin, for a SINGLE player game! When we take the costs of the CC items and compare them to Fallout 4 the game itself(including DLCs), what would the game cost in CC prices? 5000 dollar? maybe even more... Would you pay 5000+ dollar to play fallout 4? i dont think so.