Nuka-Boy 2500: A Familiar Pimp?

DuskWulf

âI've been toying with this idea for a little while, now. I even considered having a go at it myself, I looked into the JIP LN functions to see just how doable this would be but it's all above my head and beyond my knowledge right now. So I figured I'd throw this idea out there.

With the PipBoy replaced by the Familiar Friend (or Readius, even), the eventual PimpBoy quest becomes quite the disappointing prospect. Especially for someone whom one might be painstakingly putitng together a mod pack for. Which is my case, lots of hand-editing and merging to create the best New Vegas experience for my partner's first run. But I digress.

What if it were possible to swap out the texture, though? For something like the casing of the Nuka PipBoy. So the unmarked quest/dialogue doesn't physically change the PipBoy, but rather just calls some functions to change over the textures.

Or perhaps it's necessary to swtich meshes, but I don't know how much of a nightmare that would be even...

Anyway, just a thought. A crazy little idea, to have some kind of reward for that quest for those who aren't using a default PipBoy. Going by how many mentions for the PimpBoy there are under hte comments section of the PipBoy 2500 mod, I gather something like this would probably be quite popular?