SKSE64, Mods that work(or don't)

bazinga313

Well, SKSE64 is broke until it gets patched for the new Skyrim runtime, 1.5.16. So we're all in the same boat, now.

As for what mods work, textures and scripts and meshes seem to transfer okay. Scripts don't really need to be tweaked. Meshes have to be NifOptimized. Textures, you may want to use NifScan to check for tga files.

Sharlikran has a sticky post about it here. Follow the directions, hope for the best. From my (very) limited understanding, SKSE64 is vastly more complicated than 32-bit, which is why some mods may never work and would have to be rebuilt from the ground up.

We're still in ALPHA. It's far too early to be worrying about what existing mods work or don't work with SKSE64. At this stage we need to be testing which functions work not which mods work.

^ Word.

It's one of those things that simply takes time to hit critical mass. When enough people use it in enough ways, you'll start to see patterns emerge in bug reports, and from those patterns are where the bug fixers draw their fixes. Fixing the stuff that affects everyone, not just the people who report oddball bugs because they just had to try uGrids at 42, and had to use these two conflicting mods that they swear they patched right.

I ported Skyrim Coin Replacer Redux. NifOptimized the meshes, NifScanned the textures, did the fake edit to the esp in the CK, wrapped it all up with a bow and installed it through NMM, and it worked. That doesn't mean it will work for your set up, and the why is where the time and patience come in. Best to just pm the author, let them know you have a possible working port, and offer it back to them to test themselves.

However, when I pm'd Neovalen, I got crickets. Granted, he's a busy guy and all, but this is what you have to expect. Be patient. If you have a favorite mod you think you ported correctly, put up a how-to on the nexus specific to that mod, and then wait for the comments to roll in, either accolades or condemnations. As for SCRR, I'll wait for Neovalen's permission to put up the port...

http://www.relatably.com/m/img/waiting-skeleton-meme-origin/5556392.jpg

:tongue:

Edited by twowolves80

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone tested if the current version of the SKSE64 alpha can run Enderal? The awfully long loading times and overall instability of oldrim is keeping me from playing this great mod, I would love to play it with the stability of the x64 special edition.

​So far I haven't found anything about anyone trying Enderal yet. I'm sure its coming though. Honestly I'm looking forward to the Tundra Defense Mod.