Once again, stupid CC updates killing F4SE and related mods.

Nadie2283

I feel certain that this is Bethesda's response to everyone rejecting the idea that they would control the mod world for their game. 1 time possibly it was a needed update 2 times in such quick succession is not an accident. I for one will no longer be buying any of their products and will be sure to tell all that will listen what a pos this company is. They can't have it their way so they are trying all they can to punish those who will not bend over and take the abuse. Good by Bethesda!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just downgraded back to the old exe, here's a link telling you how to do it

Â

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/611h5e/guide_how_to_download_older_versions_of_a_game_on/

Â

for your convenience, thanks to another person on reddit, here's the code you need to put in the steam console

download_depot 377160 377162 5059113238785214141  

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, to everyone involved in this post making it here!

I'm still on 1.9.4 and there is probably no chance, that i'll ever update my game. Bethesda really needs to pull off a huge bug fix for Fallout 4 to make me update the game. SHadowboost is an essential mod for me. Without a update, there is no chance im going to update. CC updates only bring harm and problems. CC is a failure and dead for me. Only a DLC like Automatron, Far Harbor or Nuka World will make me buy it. I'm a modder myself. I've spend hundreds of ours into my mods, i know how much effort that is, BUT charging so much for a single item, from a single person is robbery. $3 for one weapon? $5 for a power armor? are you kidding me?

If you haven't updated your game. Don't do it.

i decided to shutdown my pc before i went to bed, just to give it a bit of r&r... well, seeing as i'm hardly what you'd call a sentient being when i first get up...i forgot that i had to start up steam by itself, before launching f4se, as it likes to load fallout normally when i do that, and bingo ninja update. and i'm just waiting around for f4se and the rest of my favorite mods to update. now, i guess i'm back to playing andromeda or skyrim again.

i decided to shutdown my pc before i went to bed, just to give it a bit of r&r... well, seeing as i'm hardly what you'd call a sentient being when i first get up...i forgot that i had to start up steam by itself, before launching f4se, as it likes to load fallout normally when i do that, and bingo ninja update. and i'm just waiting around for f4se and the rest of my favorite mods to update. now, i guess i'm back to playing andromeda or skyrim again.Â

The reddit post mentioned above definitely works and is very easy to do, someone else even posted the code you need to enter. just go to the steam dB console link, and enter the code, it tells you where the file was downloaded to, and you drag and drop the .exe

F4SE not required for updated and modded game.

Ideally, if F4SE would ASK me if I wanted to continue to load the game after telling me it is out of date, instead of just shutting down, problem would be solved.

Out of the 120+ mods I am using only 3 rely on F4SE: Looks Menu, Place Anywhere, and Achievements. I only use the Looks Menu when I'm creating a new character and I can still create new characters without it. There is a replacement mod for Place Anywhere called Place in Red Reborn that doesn't need F4SE as far as I know. And I don't really care enough about achievements to not play the game just because my game is flagged as modded.

To continue to play without F4SE, I go into Nexus Mod Manager, disable the 3 affected mods, run LOOT to reorder my mod load order, and then launch the game directly. Whenever F4SE and the 3 mods that need it get updated, I'll go back to using it.

You can check to see which, if any, of your mods use F4SE by going to steam>steamapps>common>fallout>data>f4se>plugins. If this folder doesn't exist, you don't have any mods that use F4SE and don't need it.

i decided to shutdown my pc before i went to bed, just to give it a bit of r&r... well, seeing as i'm hardly what you'd call a sentient being when i first get up...i forgot that i had to start up steam by itself, before launching f4se, as it likes to load fallout normally when i do that, and bingo ninja update. and i'm just waiting around for f4se and the rest of my favorite mods to update. now, i guess i'm back to playing andromeda or skyrim again.

Yeah, what the hell? I have my steam FO4 setting on "update on launch", and launch through F4SE, which saved me from the last patch but, this morning when I saw this thread I started Steam to make sure FO4 hadn't updated but got a message that "Fallout 4 is updating." Say what?! I think I managed to close that box quick enough and started the game via F4SE without any issue just to see what would happen ... well, maybe ... now that I think about it (still groggy this early in the a.m.) I'm not sure I saw the usual ENB text in the upper left. Gotta go out for a bit and will figure this out later. Still... what the hell Steam?! I've never been able to understand why a user (a.k.a. paying freaking customer) can't rely on their settings to avoid updates.

i decided to shutdown my pc before i went to bed, just to give it a bit of r&r... well, seeing as i'm hardly what you'd call a sentient being when i first get up...i forgot that i had to start up steam by itself, before launching f4se, as it likes to load fallout normally when i do that, and bingo ninja update. and i'm just waiting around for f4se and the rest of my favorite mods to update. now, i guess i'm back to playing andromeda or skyrim again.Â

The reddit post mentioned above definitely works and is very easy to do, someone else even posted the code you need to enter. just go to the steam dB console link, and enter the code, it tells you where the file was downloaded to, and you drag and drop the .exe

think i tried reverting skyrim a few times way back in the day, didn't work at all, and i usually found myself reinstalling skyrim and my entire mods list too. so, since then i always seem to side with patience, and simply sit tight & wait.