Help request with getting mod to upload and work correctly

vronykah

I have a mod I've been working on for release. Tested on two characters, one vanilla and another with 200 mods installed. Worked in both cases. Tried two different methods of uploading to the Nexus. First I tried the ba2 technique I read about which was "myespfolder">data >myesp - Main.ba2, Textures.ba2, and myesp.esp (archived all of that with 7zip. ) Upload. Manual install, the menu is there but you can't see anything, as if the meshes aren't being read.

The other technique I tried was with loose files. Archived them and uploaded. When I do a test download (it's not public yet - so it's manual install), I am having issues with the scripted menu. (Using Settlement Menu Manager, if that's important). For example, there is a lighting menu, but the lights don't show up. Another menu (beds) everything shows correctly.

Again, this mod works before I start archiving/extracting so I assume it's something in the sequence I'm doing wrong, although as a new modder I could be wrong about that too.

I've googled like crazy. This is my first mod and am not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any direction that someone can point me would be great.

Thanks!

v

About ba2 technique.

Open ba2 archives with Fallout 4\Tools\Archive2\Archive2.exe and check properties

myesp - Main.ba2: Format - General, Compression - None

myesp - Textures.ba2: Format - DDS, Compression - Default

About scripted menu.

You had a similar problem with my mod

Try uninstall all "200 mods installed". Install only SMM and "myesp" mod. Start new game and test.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I've tested with vanilla game with only SMM and myesp installed. Same issues as described.

Thanks for the input on the ba2 archive. I went back and checked the settings.

I had:

myesp - Main.ba2: Format - General, Compression - Default

myesp - Textures.ba2: Format - General, Compression - Default

And you suggested:

myesp - Main.ba2: Format - General, Compression - None

myesp - Textures.ba2: Format - DDS, Compression - Default

I changed the Main.ba2 without issue, but when I tried to change the Textures.ba2 to DDS, I get this warning:

"Skipping "myesp - Textures.ba2\mytexture_d.dds" since it is not supported for this archive type." The error occurs on all the texture files and therefore it doesn't archive it.

I tried checking in the vanilla game with just the Main.ba2 changed per your suggestion and all the menus are there, but again, everything is still invisible, as if the mesh isn't being seen. Could it be I'm doing something wrong with the texture files? I don't know that it explains the missing meshes though.

Any further input is appreciated.

Thank you! I see what you are referring to. I don't know how I could have missed that. I appreciate it!

Ok, I tried it in my game with no mods other than this and SMM and I am still missing the meshes. The menu is there but everything is invisible. I don't know how it's working in your game and not mine. I'm at a loss.

Edited by vronykah