Making the laser rifle fully automatic

oscarvdhooft

I got it working as intended, but unfortunately when I use the AttackLoop attack animation it looks really odd. The courier starts holding the weapon one-handed while firing and sticks it out like it's a pistol. When I use the default laser rifle attack animation (Attack4) the automatic fire doesn't work.

Using AttackLoop did work fine to make the laser pistol automatic, no idea why it wouldn't work on the laser rifle.

Any ideas? Any alternative attack animations (of the ones the GECK has) I could use?

Just at a glance, it sounds like you might've just picked the wrong attackloop animation. I'm not 100% sure the 2 hand rifle category actually has an attackloop of it's own. Most (if not all) vanilla automatic rifles use the 2 hand automatic category.

Well, there's only one AttackLoop animation. Two-handed automatic weapons like the assault carbine and laser RCW use AttackLoop.

If there is only one attack loop , then why are you here complaining about it ?

short answer ... cuz there isn't only one attack loop ... and you want to know how to get the other ones going?

But honestly I can't see any reason to tell you even if I did know.

Its like the movie "The Thing" How can I trust you ?

Sorry, but what are you talking about?

Each weapon type, such as TwoHandAutomatic, has its own set of attack animations.

This means that the AttackLoop animation is actually different for the Assault Carbine etc. because they use TwoHandAutomatic animations but the Laser Rifle uses the TwoHandRifleEnergy animations, which apparently has a one handed attack animation left as its respective AttackLoop animation.

This also applies to reload animations, so if you were to change the Laser Rifle to a TwoHandAutomatic weapon it would also change the reload animation to a completely different animation, so you could have the correct AttackLoop animation but be left with a broken reload animation.

The best you could do is not change the weapon type of the Laser Rifle, but try each different attack animation and change the fire rate and animation multipliers to find a desired result. I used Attack6 with an animation multiplier of 1.5 and a fire rate of 4 which looked half decent and could look even better with more testing and tweaking.

Each weapon type, such as TwoHandAutomatic, has its own set of attack animations.

This means that the AttackLoop animation is actually different for the Assault Carbine etc. because they use TwoHandAutomatic animations but the Laser Rifle uses the TwoHandRifleEnergy animations, which apparently has a one handed attack animation left as its respective AttackLoop animation.

This also applies to reload animations, so if you were to change the Laser Rifle to a TwoHandAutomatic weapon it would also change the reload animation to a completely different animation, so you could have the correct AttackLoop animation but be left with a broken reload animation.

The best you could do is not change the weapon type of the Laser Rifle, but try each different attack animation and change the fire rate and animation multipliers to find a desired result. I used Attack6 with an animation multiplier of 1.5 and a fire rate of 4 which looked half decent and could look even better with more testing and tweaking.

Thanks a lot! I'll look into it and let you know if it works.

For some reason (I tested with the AER14, maybe there's something wrong with that weapon) aiming down sights makes you put the rifle in front of your eyes so you can't see anything, and when holding down fire it basically skips the first shot. Did you get this aswell with those settings you proposed?