Birthsigns crash

saiikyo

Oh! Ok, I did not understand, sorry.

In fact, I just try again and I managed to make it work.

I had uncheck other mod (I had too much heavy equipment in my inventory early in the game), i wanted to try again and it worked ... o_O

So, I wonder if we have a limited number of mod?

That would explain why it didn't work before.

The birthsigns mod was not the only one, I had another mod that did not work (Abriael_Human revamped race). But now it's good...!?

Without using Wrye Bash and a bashed patch to help (by merging mods into the bashed patch) you are limited to 255 mods, but number includes all esp and esm files located in your Data folder, whether they are activated or not.

Without using Wrye Bash and a bashed patch to help (by merging mods into the bashed patch) you are limited to 255 mods, but number includes all esp and esm files located in your Data folder, whether they are activated or not.

Not quite. Its 255 active ESP/ESM files, inactive ones don't count. However there is a...lets call it a glitch in Oblivion's code that makes it so having more than 400 readable files in your Data directory (readable being defined as ESP, ESM or BSA) can cause what is called "directory thrashing". Again, the solution here is Wrye Bash and its Auto Ghosting feature.

Okay!

I didn't know about the limit of 255, thank you.

So, to exceed the threshold of 255, I need "Wrye Bash" found here: link , where I just need to download "Wrye Bash 295-5 - Installer" ,that's it?

Sorry, I don't really know and I want to be sure. :blush:

Okay!

I didn't know about the limit of 255, thank you.

So, to exceed the threshold of 255, I need "Wrye Bash" found here: link , where I just need to download "Wrye Bash 295-5 - Installer" ,that's it?

Sorry, I don't really know and I want to be sure. :blush:

Technically, yes. But you need to understand what you are doing. Wrye Bash is an incredibly powerful tool, but you need to learn to use it properly. Read the documentation and also check out the Pictoral Guide

Thanks Nephenee. I had a feeling I was getting it close but not exactly right. Good thing you've got my back (and I did do a headslap as soon as I read your answer, because I've read exactly the same information). What can I say ... old brain x (long train ride + early morning out of bed) = inaccurate info output (or is that garbage in = garbage out).