Skyrim's xbox fans

SubjectProphet

Cut them a little slack. Xbox people already have to put up with Microsoft's BS in a much more direct way than us PC users. I think that deserves some consideration. Of course, PS3 fans deserve a special version of the game that includes an exclusive expansion pack for all the hell they put up with.

As I said before, the Xbox users are actually paying for it (They are buying the Xbox Live subscriptions.) Sure, Microsoft is pocketing some of that money, but a lot of it is going towards companies like Bethasda, Activision, or whoever so that those companies will publish their DLC first on Xbox. That's one of Microsoft's selling points for the Xbox.

It's not something I agree with, but it is how it is.

My answer to your question SubjectProphet would be absolutely! But I say that because I can't imagine buying a Bethesda game for anything but a PC just because their games are so "modable". I'd be unhappy (even foolish) playing FO3, FONV or Skyrim on a game platform just for that reason. DLC's? Don't get me started. I think this game needs a lot more debugging before we should be worried about DLC's. I LOVE Skyrim but I'm still pissed about all the bugs and the aggravation they have caused me. :mad: Don't care that Xbox fans get it first 'cause I don't run out and get things "hot off the press" anyway. Waited 2 months before buying Skyrim.

Actually, I remember awhile back there was a lot of PC/PS3 users mad because it was announced that Xbox Live would get DLC a month ahead of everyone else. When/where did they say DLC will be coming to all the platforms at the same time? Maybe people are getting the game updates confused with the DLC.

So, if it is true that everyone is getting DLC at the same time.... You see, people with XBox have to pay to go online, and that's a free service on PC/PS3. But since they are paying, they are promised extra services... such as early DLC.

That has nothing to do with it. M$ paid them to get it first. If Beth allowed it (which they wont) M$ would pay to have the DLC exclusive if they could.

So, if it is true that everyone is getting DLC at the same time.... You see, people with XBox have to pay to go online, and that's a free service on PC/PS3. But since they are paying, they are promised extra services... such as early DLC.

Not true. XBL is free. True you can pay for a XBL and get improved service for a given value of improved, but to say that xbox users should get something early because they pay for their online service is both bogus and stupid. In anycase mods > dlc.

So, in the past few days, the xbox community for Skyrim has been saying that they deserve all DLC early and just like Oblivion, more DLC than PC and PS3. Bethesda said that they'd release everything at the same time and for every system. Clearly xbox fans aren't happy.

I guess a lot of them are used to the way of CoD, where they get everything. I don't know why'd they deserve it, but they sure do think so.

Now, I'm not saying all xbox players, but it seems to be a lot of them. Personally, I don't care what system you play, you're just playing the game.

Thoughts?

I have a PC and an X-Box, and I play Skyrim on both of them often. The main difference between the two is that you can only play vanilla on the X-Box. You can't have a single mod! It's so cruel! The best mods on Nexus should be made available on the X-Box!

On the other hand, the X-Box always plays well and the game doesn't break down (for me, anyway). The PC version of the Elder Scroll series is often breaking down, giving error messages, or not starting up at all, until I can figure out what went wrong and fix it. And Steam has never been a help at all, with any of it.

Not true. XBL is free. True you can pay for a XBL and get improved service for a given value of improved, but to say that xbox users should get something early because they pay for their online service is both bogus and stupid. In anycase mods > dlc.

Yes, Silver is free, and allows people access to the Xbox Market to buy DLC. However, you can't play online with a Silver Membership, you need to -pay- for the Gold Membership for that. That's what most people are going to do because they want to play games like Call of Duty with their friends. I work in entertainment sales and one of the selling points (Which is supplied to us by Microsoft) were suppose to give out to potential customers is that xbox360 gets early content such as DLC. It's really easy to connect the dots from there... Microsoft is paying game companies for early stuff and using the Gold membership fee to cover it. It's not stupid or bogus, it's just how it is. I'm not saying they -should- get it early just because they pay for it, I don't think they should get it early at all.

I agree with you that mods are better than DLC. I actually discovered the Elder Scrolls series with the Oblivion game of the year edition on the PS3. I found out about the mods from a couple of friends and was absolutely amazed. It got me back into computer gaming and I'd never go back. My PS3 has been broken since this past summer and I haven't even thought much about it! But my point is that would early DLC for xbox ever get me to go and get one? Not at all, and I think that's true for most of us PC gamers. But that might be a different story for a PS3 user.