linking an armor mod to another mod without esp or esm master tip for

jet4571

step 4 is causing some confusion, you change the entries in the models box to the duplicate armor addon this is where the 2 entries are linked and if you leave it as the original it will not work. I highly suggest not renaming any of the duplicated entries so it is easy to compare to the original and you want them the same as the original except using a duplicate if it is linked to another part.

As for duplicating you right click on the name and select duplicate. It will create a new entry named the same but followed by DUPLICATE000001 or someshit like that.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Step 4 is very confusing for me can you make a much more detailed instructions ? prefer with images on each steps or a video might be good.

i tried for hours i can't get it done as i want my follower to equipped with custom armors.

And does this works on eye textures too ? for some reason i selected my companion eyes color as red then i reload CK it reverted to default which is brown.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea how to explain step 4 any better than I already did and I do not have the CK installed atm to make a screenshot showing it. In the box it has the original mod linked, change that to the new duplicate version you just created, the new one with the asterisk showing that it is an edit.

Yes you can use this method to extract a single armor from a vendor and have it available in other ways, but it will require the other mod to be installed first even if it is not running.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I got an annoying issue, I tryied to duplicate a custom armor, so i did all the step like in the first post, it worked fine but my problem is still here: The custom armor mod is dependent to 2 .esm files (Skyrim.esm and Update.esm), I want to include the custom armor into my own .esp, but when I save, the custom armor .esp file is still dependent to those two .esm listed before, and my mod is using another .esm (and the CK won't allow me to load multiple .esm...) Is there a way to remove the need of one esm, so i could load both mods and get my mod done ? Anyway, help will be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

i wanna ask something,

1. why in your picture, the copied armor icon is green box with ? symbol

but in my copied armor, the icon is knight armor symbol.... am i doing something wrong?

2. on point 4 you said to check all the textbox, but i don't find any, where is it?

• 5 weeks later...

@Phoenix707. There shouldnt be an issue with the dependant on both of those, and all Skyrim esp's are dependant on Skyrim.esm already. I quoted how to load multiple masters from the OP for you below. TesVedit has the ability to remove masters you do not want.

*edit, to make an esm a master Add bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1 under [General] in SkyrimEditor.ini in your /Skyrim folder. Check the checkbox for the esm when you are loading your mod, make your mod the active and the esm items will be useable just like vanilla Skyrim. This requires the esm to be loaded in the game and is suggested for using hair or eye packs or any crafting changes.

@leonhartbenk, Those green boxes with the ? are level lists. I did those to show how you can create outfits using level lists so an NPC will wear a random outfit. Example is you add a bartender/foolower in a mod. You want the bartender to wear a different dress rather than every playthrough wearing the same one, sometimes with gloves, sometimes without. So you create some new level lists, one with dresses, and another with some gloves. the gloves have a percent of none set for 50. Now you create the outfit and place the shoes into it and instead of an individual dress and gloves you put the level list you created there. When you first meet that NPC she will choose one of the dresses randomly and a 50% chance of having gloves. You can use ressurect on her and she will reroll the outfit. If she is also a follower and you send her home when she reequips her default outfit it will be rerolled. Its a simple non scripted random setup.

Above where the info is in the "Models" section there is a checkbox named "Show All" that by default is unchecked. check that box and it may or may not show some hidden armo. If there is one hidden then you should determine if you want it or not as sometimes you find something that shouldnt be there example theres a hidden referance to a dog armo in the horse skin, No clue why its there lol. If the item is a helmet or circlet Khajiit and Argonian armo links could be hidden. Anyway its best to check it to be sure you got everything rather than have to trouble shoot it later if you didnt.

@Demon_Gate, Yay! Glad you got it.

Edited by jet4571