linking an armor mod to another mod without esp or esm master tip for

jet4571

• 1 month later...

This tutorial have been of great help too me, thank you so much!

However I still have an issue with modded weapons, how does one add them to a characters inventory? Because when I try to add them they just show up as big red exclamation marks.

Do you have any advice?

• 2 months later...

Okay i've done everything to the letter here. But whenever i try to make a new armor addon, my duplicate wont show up in the select form list.

Does anyone know whats up this?

• 3 weeks later...

It's worth noting/clarifying that when you remove the 'DUPLICATEXXX' part of the ids in step 4, the CK will prompt you to create a new form. You need to say no to this question. (even when it says 'are you sure' :smile: )

Great tutorial, helped me a lot.

Edited by mentalageof2

• 3 months later...

I figured out why. The creation kit won't read the .bsa files for some reason, all of the info is there and everything will show up fine in game, but it will not allow me to preview anything packed into a .BSA. So I'm keeping any modding I do in the Data folders to help with the process until I know that I am done with that mod. Thanks again for the info.

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah .BSA packed files can be a pain to work with in the CK. Like if you want to make an object like a dwemer pot into a static flower vase you have to unpack it to make the static object. Also of note with a mod .BSA the mod itself has to be running for the packed files to be used, so if you were consolidating all your armor mods into 1 mod file for yourself you would have to unpack any .BSA files otherwise they wont work in the game.

OK , I have the same problem . I have a armor mod .BSA file , it shows in the game and all that and the stats are in the CK but it won't preview it and if I duplicate it and try to make a new armor addon, duplicate wont show up in form list. You said that it can't read bsa files . How exactly do i unpack them ? i'm confused

• 3 weeks later...

BSA Opt to unpack BSA files. One of the essential tools to modding alongsideTes5Edit, WryeBash, and the CK itself.

I was just asked about alternate textures that may be listed in the ArmorAddon. When you duplicated the Armor Addon it may have a record listed for Skin Texture and Skin Texture Swap List. You probably want those too. The records will be found for SkinTexture in TextureSet and Skin Texture Swap List is found in FormList, Both are in the Miscelaneous section just below Magic and above SpecialEffect.

Make a duplicate of the TextureSet. For the Skin texture Swap List if there is one right click on any of the FormLists and create new. Name it something you can remember and drag the duplicate TextureSet and drop it into the new FormList. Hit OK and change the duplicate ArmorAddon to point to the duplicate TextureSet and the new Skin texture Swap List. Hit OK and done! you have alternate textures.

If you only have a TextureSet listed then don't worry about making a new formlist unless you just feel like doing it.

• 1 year later...