Epic Dungeon problems

oc3

I've been playing Adense Epic Dungeon for a while now and it's pretty amazing. Unfortunatley, I ran into a bunch of vampires and somehow got my strength lowered. I had no spells, potions, or ingredients to fix myself, so my only option was to drop almost all of my inventory in order to move.

After I dropped everything, the game continued to run fine. I made my way out of the dungeon to Imperial City, bought a restore strength potion and returned to the dungeon. After making it all the way back to where I came from, the game crashes when I try to enter the door to the cell where I stashed all of my stuff.

I tried removing bloat with Wrye Bash, but no help. It must have something to do with too many objects (my stuff) in the cell, right? That's the only thing I can think of.

Does anyone have any idea what would cause this crash and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

OC3

Perhaps try typing 'pcb' in the console before entering the cell? This clears your memory of all data that's not in the current cell.

Thanks, sounded like a good idea, but still crashes. Load bar goes maybe an eighth or qaurter inch and then crashes. Is there any way to delete items from a save? Any other commands that might be useful?

If you have had the stuff in your character's inventory before you dropped it, it should stay there until you pick it up again. Try the 'coc center', wait 72 hours plus a bit then 'coc weye' (or where ever, but I wouldn't coc to the cell your stuff is in). If the crash is because scripts or some other game state thing got all bunged up that should give the game a chance to sort itself out. Providing you have a save from before the 'coc' experiment you've nothing to lose.

If you have had the stuff in your character's inventory before you dropped it, it should stay there until you pick it up again. Try the 'coc center', wait 72 hours plus a bit then 'coc weye' (or where ever, but I wouldn't coc to the cell your stuff is in). If the crash is because scripts or some other game state thing got all bunged up that should give the game a chance to sort itself out. Providing you have a save from before the 'coc' experiment you've nothing to lose.

Thanks Striker,

I actually figure it out. I was messing around tweaking meshes and such trying to make weapons more shiny around the same time. Anyway, I noticed when I tried to equip my silver mace, the game crashed. There were also 2 silver maces in the cell that I had dropped. Even I was smart enough to put 2 and 2 together on that one. I uninstalled my mesh tweak to the mace and bingo, the cell loaded.

Just curious though...I don't know what you mean by coc center or coc in general. Can you explain it?

thanks

Sure thing. The console command 'coc' teleports your character to the location you specify (but you need to put in a valid console code for that location). When you 'coc center' it teleports you immediately (you don't need to close the console ... it happens as soon as you hit 'Enter') and after a loading screen you'll find yourself on an open plain with some trees way off in the distance. 'Center' is a safe place outside of Cyrodiil that you can use to your advantage when you're trying to get past a script/cell type problem that requires you to be away from the spot while the game does it's normal reset after 72 hours (which is why I like to do 72 hours plus a bit). Now in your particular case it wouldn't have helped because the offending items would still be there.

Here's a link to the UESP Wiki page on Console Commands. You'll find 'coc' in the third section (and a link to the page for looking up the location console codes ... from which it seems 'center' is missing).

Sure thing. The console command 'coc' teleports your character to the location you specify (but you need to put in a valid console code for that location). When you 'coc center' it teleports you immediately (you don't need to close the console ... it happens as soon as you hit 'Enter') and after a loading screen you'll find yourself on an open plain with some trees way off in the distance. 'Center' is a safe place outside of Cyrodiil that you can use to your advantage when you're trying to get past a script/cell type problem that requires you to be away from the spot while the game does it's normal reset after 72 hours (which is why I like to do 72 hours plus a bit). Now in your particular case it wouldn't have helped because the offending items would still be there.

Here's a link to the UESP Wiki page on Console Commands. You'll find 'coc' in the third section (and a link to the page for looking up the location console codes ... from which it seems 'center' is missing).

Awsome bit of info. Thanks again buddy.