ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

Dude doesn't know when to shut up

LadyHonor

So I have this plot guy who challenges you to a fist fight (going a little skyrim here) and the pc has the chance to fight him 3 times. The fights work fine. The dialog doesn't. He doesn't seem to comprehend what the "end dialog" thingie means. I *think* part of the problem is that it sets a flag that is necessary for the next conversation to start.....but shouldn't the "end dialog" prevent him from just s going right on to the next one and ignoring that he's reached the end of that conversation tree?

I fixed it, but I'm sure there is an easier way to do it....to fix it, i did away with a lot of flags and just made 4 identical npc's and gave them each their own dialog. when the first fight was over, after i received my reward, i scripted it to destroy the first one and set the second one active, etc for the remaining 2....a little excessive maybe, but i have spent two flippin' days of trying this or that combination of flags to get it to work right with one fighter....all it took to get it to work with 4 was 20 mins.