Neverwinter Nexus launched

Dark0ne

This is wonderful news! I used to play NeverWinter Nights when i was younger, all expansions too. I sitll remember my fave mods for the game, wich was Master Chief armor and all soundsets selectable (wich i hope they will return here on the new nexus).

i thought that this golden game was forgotten, seems i was proven wrong yet again :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went back to playing NWN a few months ago, since I can actually run it on my netbook. Was sad to see that some of the offlicial Modules are already no longer available for the game (IE Kingmaker), because the site has already fallen such disarray.

This is welcome news.

Kingmaker at Amazon.com

As a fairly new NWN player myself (only a year or two) I had a heck of a time finding NWN stuff and I agree that where their older games are concerned BioWare lets their sites go to Hades. They seem to only focus on what is new and popular and thus making them the most money. Many of the downloads for NWN update patches are also defunct now. It is indeed sad how that goes. Though obviously copyrighted materials can't be uploaded to the new Nexus site, hopefully its existence will help players in the community communicate and track down other legal sources for the official expansions and updates.

See Dark0ne's announcement about the (very limted-time) availability of

... the complete Neverwinter Nights series of games is available on Gamer's Gate for £5 (that's about $7.50 USD). This package includes both Neverwinter Nights games and all of their official expansions. That's a big 75% saving on how much it normally costs, and Steam doesn't have the original Neverwinter Nights for sale (from what I can tell), and NWN2 costs £14.99. So it's a real bargain. You can grab it here.

Act fast! :thumbsup:

Kingmaker, Witch's Wake, and Shadowguard come with NWN Diamond (and apparently in the Complete set). The ones that aren't available for sale are Pirates of the Sword Coast, Wyvern Crown of Cormyr, and Infinite Dungeons. As far as I know those aren't in the complete set either. Would like to hear otherwise, though! Edited by Tchos

I absolutely LOVED NWN2 and the expansions for that. I was too intimidated by the whole "modding" thing back then to attempt even adding the easiest of mods. With the way IGN dissed all of us who were unhappy with the Mass Effect ending (including those of us who stayed civil), I would never go to one of their sites now anyway. I have been thinking of dusting off NWN2 and modding it. NWN2 was my first official "love" of an RPG that got me started on the whole RPG gaming and ultimately got me to try a game called Oblivion that I had discounted before being a first person shooter type guy online in counter-strike and later source. What a good choice that was!

I have since foregone going to any other sites for modding other than ones the NEXUS doesn't cover like Mass Effect. (I wish we could mod ME3 now!) This family of sites is so far superior to the others It would be a waste of time to go anywhere else. It was a pleasant surprise to go to my trusty drop down menu and see other sites up.

Thank you for providing a place to save the mods I never go to try....

*reaches for his NWN2 case to install*

Edited by XTR3M368

What a delightful surprise this morning, to drop into Skyrim nexus, browse latest mods, then do a quck check of Fallout New Vegas, then (amazed) check Mount and Blade, then (stupified) check World of Tanks.

Wow! ALL of the games I play are on the nexus site! (except ship sim :( ) But I don't know how mod friendly that is.

Great work, love where you are taking the Nexus.

Two thumbs firmly UP!

You never stop amazing me at the sheer awesomeness of all the Nexus sites. I dusted off the old Baldur's Gate series as of late and plan to run through Neverwinter Nights as well. No sooner was I thinking to myself, "Wouldn't it be awesome if..." and POOF NeverwinterNexus was born!!!

I am proud to be a Premium member, and I encourage everyone to shell out the very minimal cost to become one - which will rid you of advertisements, as well as help support such truly genius endevors such as this...

Cheers!

-Shiholude

• 3 weeks later...

I thought NWN had completely gone dark, i know there are alot of RP servers on NWN but i always thought that NWN2 was never as popular even though it seemed to bring alot more to the game (Exept the revamped camera options, my god those were the worst thing they could have ever done)

I've always enjoyed NWN for it's PVP, i now there is afew but nothing really beats good old, 1-20 pvp without expansions.

• 2 weeks later...