NWN Nexus might actually inspire me some more.

Mazena

I haven't worked on my mod for ages now, but if NWN-series finally gets a decent mod community with Nexus, I just might continue developing it ( http://nwn2-mazenastudios.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-05-26T22:47:00%2B03:00&max-results=7 ). NWN Vault just had me so bored of it.

Anyone else also intriqued by the new Nexus?

Very cool that Nexus took up NWN. I've been playing with mods for Fallout 3 but I may have to reload NWN 2 and start to play and mod over here instead.

Hi Mazena,

I remember when you released Hearts of Endia and the positive reception it received. I never did play it (many builders including myself don't play much...too busy in the toolset) but it looked great. You should definitely consider building again in NWN2 if you enjoy the process.

Edited by slowdivefan

Mazena.. Go for it ! I really liked hearts of endia ( only just played it a little while back check the vault you'll see when).

I recently found your first ever script while I was hunting about in your mod to see how you had done something. I can't remember the exact words but it had something like "My first ever F#####ing script " in the description and gave me a good laugh as I could imagine the feeling of satisfaction that gave you.. Don't forget that feeling..

Just make the final battle a bit easier next time I suffered badly.. Then again I'm no good at this game anyway so you just carry on.

Thasic.. I made a small mod for Fallout 3 ( just to keep myself entertained and give my drug addicted badly wounded wastelanders a place to chill in ) and really loved some of the toolset's features and wish NWN2 had them. Like the copy bit, tiltable placeables, factions for items, placeables that land on raised surfaces and don't have to be raised, the ease of adding to the original story etc. But I just couldn't deal with the conversations and journal stuff it really seemed to break the flow of writing so I returned to NWN2, although my friendly raider underground base camp still lives on in full working order but no finding ingredients for the drug factory and running off into the sunset with a raider woman companion got completed as I'd originally planned.

• 5 weeks later...

I have mixed feelings about this.

I am a longtime downloader of Oblivion mods from TES Nexus and I am just starting to work with the Oblivion Construction Set - so be assured, that I am a BIG fan of the Nexus.

And as a place to download NWN/NWN 2 mods the Nexus is undeniably a much more active place than the vault in its current state.

But a whole new modding community? As someone who has posted prefabs on the Vault for several years (and never stopped working on bigger projects), I don't see how the Nexus can ever be a serious ressource for modders. It still takes me an hour to check the vault for a certain hak, prefab or script for NWN2 - not to mention the vast of uploads for NWN. We would have to move all our content in an orchestrated effort over here to make this work.

And speaking of NWN - if the CEP crew does not decide to fully swing over to the Nexus it doesn't make any sense at all.

Of course I will upload my own prefabs to the NWN Nexus as a service to the modding community here but I am not sure if the results will be worth the effort.

Just my 2 thunderstones.

Well, it does create a new community, in a sense. I can see that in the dozens of comments on the news page and on various mods where people say they're reinstalling the games or buying them for the first time as a result of this opening. Additionally, I myself released no NWN mods at all until the Nexus supported NWN.

What it's not, and what it shouldn't be seen as, is a replacement of the Vault. The only instance where I see that as a possibility is in the event of IGN shutting down its support for it. In that sense, I think everyone would do well to upload their old material here, both as a precaution, and to give users more options.

I don't think it requires anyone to fully swing over to one side or the other. If that were the case, I would be uploading my new mods here only, because I like the features here better, and I want to see it succeed. But I've uploaded all of my mods to both places, and I intend to continue doing so. I'm giving people options, and approaching two audiences. There is a heavy overlap in the audience, yes, but there are those who are more comfortable with one place or the other, and prefer to get their material from that place.

BTW, Storyteller, if you're the one I'm thinking of, I believe one of your prefabs would be of use to me in the module I plan to release this summer.