SKSE 2.0.4 Issue

FullmetalAdmin

I am currently experiencing an issue with SKSE and a mod I am using. The mod in question is called "Enhanced Character Edit SE" (which can be found here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12302/?). For clarification, this mod adds eloquence to the character creation of SSE, by adding body sliders, more functions (such as breast size or nostril size) and even adds a new race to the game, among other things. However, when I open the creation menu, whether through a new character or the console ( ~showracemenu), I encounter a popup error.

I am unable to attach the screenshot as the file in question exceeds the limit of 250kb, but it reads as follows:

CharacterMakingExtender

*ERROR*

could not call SKSE Plugin function.

System changes to Vanilla menu.

unsupported TESV.exe version or no CharacterMakingExtender_plugen.dll in SKSE\plugins folder.

The .dll file mentioned in the popup does exist within my SSE folder (specifically, it actually exists within my SKSE Plugins folder; however, the SKSE folder it exists in was the default folder from when I installed SSE, and I believe it is related to the SKSE I use for my legendary edition; the SKSE64 loader is NOT located in this folder; I have not tried moving the loader into the SKSE folder and launching from there)

If anyone has encountered an issue similar to this before, would you happen to know the processes to go about fixing it?

EDIT1: I tried moving the SKSE loader into the folder, but it then could no longer register the exe for SSE, which I suppose does make sense

EDIT2: Validated my SSE files through steam; still no change

re-install Skse as usual..Skse loader in game file , compress [data] file with Zzip or WinRar, open Nxm or Mo2 and activate [Data] like a mod, launch game via loader, open consol, and type this GetSKSEVersion , if it run properly you should have the version /Runtime /IDX

from Skse Readme:

Copy the .dll and .exe files to your Skyrim SE directory. This is usually in your Program Files folder under Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\. If you see files named SkyrimSE and SkyrimSELauncher, this is the correct folder. Do not copy these files to the Data folder as with a normal mod. The "src" folder is only useful for programmers, most users can ignore it.

2. Copy the .pex files in Data\Scripts\ into the Data\Scripts\ folder of your installation. The .pex files are needed by all users of SKSE. (best to Zip them and install as above)
@@
Edited by korun

re-install Skse as usual..Skse loader in game file , compress [data] file with Zzip or WinRar, open Nxm or Mo2 and activate [Data] like a mod, launch game via loader, open consol, and type this GetSKSEVersion , if it run properly you should have the version /Runtime /IDX

from Skse Readme:

Copy the .dll and .exe files to your Skyrim SE directory. This is usually in your Program Files folder under Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\. If you see files named SkyrimSE and SkyrimSELauncher, this is the correct folder. Do not copy these files to the Data folder as with a normal mod. The "src" folder is only useful for programmers, most users can ignore it.

2. Copy the .pex files in Data\Scripts\ into the Data\Scripts\ folder of your installation. The .pex files are needed by all users of SKSE. (best to Zip them and install as above)
@@

This seems to have halfway worked. It no longer gives me the popup, and the sliders are now evident; however, it seems that the extra sliders and features added by the mod in question are not present. For now, it is sufficient until the author of the mod can respond to me and possibly find a solution.

are you using his skeleton or Xpms se? until everything became stable, use his, create a new char and see if it works as attended.

Edit: there is a fix in the DL for Xpms SE [When install XPMSE after ECE, some sliders are invalidated, so these are skeletons to fix it. Just overwrites.]

@@

Edited by korun

XPMSE, you mean? Yeah, ECE's mod page even says that it's not quite perfect yet because SKSE hasn't been stabilized (i.e., gone to beta) yet. Hang in there a little longer--can't be much longer now, now that we have a working SkyUI! Woo!

And you can always tweak the body (even a custom one) in Outfit Studio, or use Outfit Studio to assign new sliders (unfortunately, I don't know how...yet...but I'm getting there).

Happy modding!

:)