Load Saved Game - Missions & Mods RESETTING: Deleting mod content, re-installing mods, starting completed quests from scratch

Kolyana

The hard limit is 255. That does NOT include .esl files though, so, you can subtract those from your 317.

Merging mods is pretty much an art form. If they are JUST esp files, merging shouldn't be a problem. If they include .bsa or .ba2 files, and possible scripts...... more steps are necessary. Have a watch here. Should at least get you started.

Edited by HeyYou

The hard limit is 255. That does NOT include .esl files though, so, you can subtract those from your 317.

Merging mods is pretty much an art form. If they are JUST esp files, merging shouldn't be a problem. If they include .bsa or .ba2 files, and possible scripts...... more steps are necessary. Have a watch here. Should at least get you started.

Thanks for the info. Something else I did was using Wrye Batch (a kind of Mod Manager found on Nexus), and it showed me right away all ESP that could be flagged as ESL, and I flaggued them all. And I also made a little clean up. Now Vortex still shows that I have 310 mods, but in the plugins tab it says that 117 out of 266 plugins are Light (ESL or ESP flagged as ESL). In other words, I now have plenty of room :D

• 5 months later...

i had something similar to this happen (sort of)

basically, i was playing fallout, and as i transitioned cells, the game just froze, i then fire it up again, and all mods no longer work, as it turns out, while i was playing fallout 4, windows moved the entire fallout 4 folder in to fallout 4 mods folder (it was literally another folder in the exact same location as fallout 4 folder (Probably created by wrye bash, nexus mod manager or fo4edit) i simply copied my fallout 4 folder and deleted it from the other folder, and all is well again).

i believe this is actually a windows 10 specific issue, as in windows 10 moved the folder, and more specifically the latest update was the cause of it, as i read somewhere that the latest update actually deleted peoples fallout 4 mods, however it only happens once (basically it will only happen once for after you get the latest update after that it will not happen again, does not happen to everyone, but i have seen it happen to a few people, and i believe all of our issues are connected).

so yea, our issues could be caused by the same thing (Windows 10 latest update) i only had windows 10 installed for 2 days, and this happened, yet had windows 7 for 4 years and never happened once hence why i believe that it is a window 10 very specific issue, and more specific the latest creators update (the 1 that fixed the dx9 vram limit - basically i think its the anniversary update) i only moved to windows 10 yesterday however. but have now gone back to windows 7 yet again, due to Bodyslide and Outfit studio causing windows 10 to freeze (whilst i attempt to batch build) and then the system just crashes. i swear me and windows 10 hate each other very much.

however if you dont have windows 10 then you can safely ignore this post xD

That's an interesting observation when i got a new pc for work and also especially this game, i got the same thing, never happened on windows 7 even with 10 version is better, the update its really an annoying feature. Although, i have the same problem on MO2, tried EVERYTHING i could.

-disable all mods

-fresh new game (won't even start sometimes)

-Checked INIs for any potential modification that might impact the game on this case

-disabled multiple ESPs

-Tried the basics since verifying the cache through steam to make sure the game its being lauched configured properly for modding

-tried multiple solutions from similar threads

-ran LOOT

-checked the papyrus log(i know its useless but any information that could help pinpoint the cause of this problem would come in handy. i also get repeated warnings of the creation club and quest mods)

Every character and save i load i happens all the same thing. So i suggest you guys make backups of clean saves on my game some of my saves were unacessable later on other computers, so you don't make the same mistake i made.

If any of you guys may come with a solution or if your game works suddenly or you found something let me know.

EDIT: (i even tried making merges to reduce the esps , esls... counts to less than 255 and i still have the same issue)

yeah this one is persistent

Edited by 51nc0