Mouse Sensitivity

User4036

I played this game on PS3, played it on my old labtop, and now I got my brand new gaming rig.
Its been years and still bestheda can't make a mouse sensitivity good.

I can't stand sliding my hand across my entire desk just to turn my character around. How is there no mod for this? ....or rather I type 'mouse' or 'sensitivity' into the search engine on nexus and nothing comes up.

Any help? Long time ago I opened a ticket with bestheda and they kept trying to bla bla its some system settings. well, multiple PC's, no other game companies products do their slow mouse stuff.

And would love a mouse mod to increase sensitivity while browsing the menu in skyrim as that is slow as heck too, but I'll settle for just the exploration sensitivity increase.

Thanks.

Hmm, I haven't noticed anything wrong with it in skyrim over the years as far as I remember, normally I have the DPI settings on my mouse set quite high though. If it's a gaming mouse to go with your gaming pc then there is usually a button on it to control the speed without going into the drivers or windows settings. For controlling the character in game, does adjusting look sensitivity in the gameplay settings have no effect ? I seem to have mine turned down quite low to compensate for my fast mouse setting (since I don't like to move wrist from where it rests on my desk at all if I can help it hehe), could be why the menu seems fine to me.

Edit: Just noticed this line in C:\Users\Spooky\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SkyrimPrefs.ini : fMouseCursorSpeed=1.0000 ,under the [interface] header, you could try increasing that to help out with the menus ? Where it says Spooky for that folder name, you will want your own windows username :smile:. If the line isn't there, just add it and it should still work.

Edited by spookymunky

When I increase the mouse speed in the options in game it goes from very slow to slow.

The open ticket I had before with bestheda they tried to blame it on graphics card and that the game slows down the movement to compensate for low graphics. ....can't be the case anymore with my gaming rig.

Spooky - when you go to other games like a shooter, is it the same mouse speed as in Skyrim? For me it is not, shooters or even other RPG's are super fast mouse speed and then skyrim is just super slow.

I'll try that fmousecursorspeed for the menu.

Edited by User4036

I pretty much always have my mouse set to 5000 / 6400dpi... then in games the first thing I do is reduce mouse sensitivity until it feels right (or if I can't I just hit the dpi button a few times to change it, have 4 settings I can adjust in drivers). It has maybe taken me a lot of years gradually building up to that kind of sensitivity though hehe, each new mouse I get seems to always go higher than the last :smile:.... Edit: I don't actually remember if SSE was any different by default than say doom etc, since games are usually too spinny and have to be adjusted anyway hehe, just gotten used to it. It does sound like you are describing a bug that seems to be following you though, which must suck. Is the mouse the same ?

The settings in windows that support might have mentioned is if you load up control panel then type in mouse in the search box you should see one with change mouse settings or so, there is a pointer speed option in there. (Edit: that is probably not ideal though if you are happy with how your mouse is in windows anyway, and may not have any effect on games... not sure)

There are other mouse settings in the .ini files I noticed that you can play around with if you want... let's see...

in skyrim.ini I have this...

[Controls]
fMouseHeadingSensitivityMax=0.0625
fMouseHeadingXScale=0.0200
fMouseHeadingYScale=0.8500

and under the same [Controls] header in skyrimprefs.ini I have this...

fMouseHeadingSensitivity=0.0126

Again, if you don't see them just paste them in there and adjust.

The option I was looking for when I noticed these other mouse options I don't actually have so had to google hehe, goes under the same [Controls] header in skyrimprefs as that last setting.

bMouseAcceleration=1

Some people hate mouse acceleration with a passion, though I never seem to notice it much, or actually prefer it on maybe depending on the game... but setting that to 0 might help slightly.

Edit: while googling for that I also noticed people mentioning disabling vsync in the game options as well, get gfx card to force it / run in windowed mode instead I guess ?

Edited by spookymunky

Some mice (like my Logitech G403) have a quick-setting button (usually located just behind the scroll-wheel) for adjusting your mouse speed. In the case of my mouse, it has four settings. The lowest one is obnoxiously slow. I clicked it once by accident and was promptly eaten by a troll because I couldn't turn around and didn't understand what happened to me. Something similar happened to one of my friends. Only he says that Skyrim had automatically set the mouse's quick setting to the lowest one. Once he figured it out, he set it back to normal with a few clicks of that button. Maybe this is the issue the OP is having?

• 5 years later...
Oi!
Bom dia!
Alguns meses atrás, uma pessoa, aqui no Nexusmods, nos trouxe uma solução para o problema do “Mouse Super Sensível”. Não lembro mais o autor dessa solução, mas provavelmente, se essa pessoa ler este tópico, ele vai se pronunciar, pois, os créditos é dessa pessoa. Eu sou apenas uma vítima do problema.
-----
Hey!
Good morning!
A few months ago, someone here at Nexusmods brought us a solution to the “Over Sensitive Mouse” problem. I no longer remember the author of this solution, but probably, if that person reads this topic, he will speak, because the credits belong to that person. I'm just a victim of the problem.

Solution for oversensitive mouse problem.
(Solução para o problema de mouse super sensível)
In Skyrim.ini
add
(Adicionar)
[Display]
iVSyncPresentInterval=0
Add one of the following lines that best suits your performance under
(Adicionar somente um MaxTime)
[HAVOK]
fMaxTime=0.0333 is for 30fps, may help performance on slow computers
fMaxTime=0.0166 is for 60fps
fMaxTime=0.0133 is for 75fps
fMaxTime=0.0111 is for 90fps