Wrye Bash wants me to uncheck mods, but then they don't load with the save

capella6707

I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. I really did look around here, the S.T.E.P. forums and general Googling, but nothing I read seemed to me to answer my questions.

In NMM I have two mods (well, more than that, but this is just about these two), "Dawnguard and Clan Volkihar Epilogues - Propor Crossbow Integration and Legendary Skyrim Crossbows consistency patch" and "Serana Hood Removal". With those mods active and checked in the NMM plugins tab, in WryeBash, when I right-click the BashedPatch entry and select to Rebuild the patch, a message box pops up that says those two mods should be deactivated prior to building the patch. When hovering over the mods the message box says "it's suggested that they be deactivated and merged into the patch."

First question: Does that message mean deactivated, as in double-click on them in the mods list in NMM to deactivate them, or just uncheck them?

If I leave them checked, the patch is built and they both have a plus sign in their checkbox in the WryeBash list of mods. However, in NMM they are UNCHECKED in the plugins tab, though they are still active in the mods tab. (Why do they have pluses in WryeBash, but are unchecked in NMM? I have other patches that have pluses in WryeBash and are checked in NMM.) In the Update Bashed Patch, 0.esp window, in the Merge Patches list, those two are listed and checked. Then I build the patch.

With everything like that, when I load a save that uses those mods I get a message that they're missing. Makes sense, as they're unchecked in the NMM plugins list.

Second question: after doing the above and building the patch, letting WryeBash uncheck those, do I need to go in and check them in NMM's plugins tab again?

Also, allowing WryeBash to uncheck the two mods before building the patch and then checking them before loading a game works (no message that mods are missing when loading a game), is that just the way it works or is there something I can do so I don't have to check those everytime after rebuilding the Bashed Patch?

You're doing it right. The only reason you're getting a warning is that you're doing it in the middle of a game.

Wrye Bash will take those mods and merge them together into the bashed patch. After it does so, it will disable the original plugins because they're fully contained in the patch now. The game will warn you because it no longer sees the original plugins, but that's okay because they've simply been moved into the patch (it's just checking the filenames).

In Wrye Bash, it shows a plus sign in order to tell you that it's been completely merged into the patch. They should be unchecked in NMM. Here's the documentation.

• 1 year later...