DDS format, cannot open

mancika

Ill try this asap. Wonderful explaining from your part sir!

Okay, i set it up, plugin is in, tried as dds and as dds2 (renamed):

"System.FormatException: The file is not a supported DDS format.

at DdsFileTypePlus.DdsFile.LoadDdsFile(Stream stream, DDSLoadInfo& info)

at DdsFileTypePlus.DdsFile.Load(Stream input)

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 496

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158"

Thats what i get.

Edited by mancika

• 3 months later...

I don't mean to necro this thread but I have been doing some investigating because I was experiencing a similar issue, and I believe that I have some info that can help:

Extracting these textures with BAE (ver .04 and .10) will leave the diffuse textures unopenable with both the intel plugin and blacked out with the Nvidia plug. They seem to be older textures for the most part so something's going on there, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to explain why.

If you don't already have creation kit for FO4, download that and use the Archive2 extractor found in Fallout 4/Tools folder. This will at least allow you to open the textures with the Intel Texture Works plugin for Photoshop.

I hope this helps you or anyone else that comes along with the same problem!

:sick: thread zombie!

Thanks for the necro. This is all valuable info to me who knows little about textures. Probably wouldn't of found it easily otherwise.

Dammit I'm starting to turn to the darkside. King of worms consume me