ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

Mass Effect 3 Ending (Spoilers Obviously)

marharth

So does anyone else wonder why you can't withdraw the fleets and blow up the sol relay?

Since a destroyed relay takes out a entire system (ending of a me2 dlc, shep took out a entire batarian system to stop the reapers), that would destroy the entire sol system (where all the reapers, including the leader of the reapers currently are) and be the best possible ending.

It would save humanity and defeat the reapers, without knocking everything back to the stone age.

Does no one else see this? I can't be the only one who thought of this.

Edited by marharth

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, probably because it would require yet another giant impact (like an asteroid) to do so, and also because that would mean destroying Earth and the largest part of the human population, who are all still on Earth.

I believe somewhere in the game it was mentioned that there are 11 billion humans on Earth.

Edited by Halororor

Well, probably because it would require yet another giant impact (like an asteroid) to do so, and also because that would mean destroying Earth and the largest part of the human population, who are all still on Earth.

I believe somewhere in the game it was mentioned that there are 11 billion humans on Earth.

11 billion before the invasion. Nearly everyone on earth is dead after the invasion.

Yes, but even so, there are still millions of soldiers on the planet fighting the war. This plan would require an element of surprise in order to work, and that would require keeping the Reapers distracted for a few hours while you pull out your millions of soldiers and ships. I'm pretty sure the Reapers are bound to notice and take action if a full scale retreat were to suddenly take place.

It's not a bad plan entirely, but the only way it would work would be to sacrifice all the soldiers and civilians left on the planet. It would simple take too long to extract them all and the Reapers will probably have more than enough time to figure out what's going on by then.

If I remember correctly at the end of the game nearly every reaper including harbinger was at earth. Harbinger is the most powerful reaper.

Even if the plan wouldn't work, it annoys me it wasn't even mentioned in game.

I think it is far better to sacrifice the people on the planet then completely destroying the relays and causing a huge fall back in technology.

I also fail to understand why no one used nuclear weapons on the reapers besides a few times.

It is quite obvious you can take out a reaper with explosives if you attack it while it is charging the laser thing. A nuclear weapon would easily take out a reaper. Where did everyone's nukes go?

Unknown, it is mentioned in a codex entry about the "Miracle of Palavin" that the krogan sneak in warp and fusion bombs onto the planet, which are then suicide bombed against the reapers, nearly wiping out every reaper capital ship on the planet. Its also mentioned in a codex entry that reaper captial ships on a planet have to use thier mass effect fields to beable to land/move, which weakens their shields immensely, so why didnt some of the fleet play pin the dreadnought round on the harbinger?"

I also fail to understand why no one used nuclear weapons on the reapers besides a few times.

It is quite obvious you can take out a reaper with explosives if you attack it while it is charging the laser thing. A nuclear weapon would easily take out a reaper. Where did everyone's nukes go?

I think if i remember it correctly it was explained by Anderson or was it Hackett after the mars mission, that the reapers hit every nuclear silo on earth before movin in to every major cities after they hit arcturus.

OT: it would take a large chunk of asteroid to drive it to a mass relay and i bet a meteor that size traveling at a slow phase towards a relay the reapers will take notice that slow moving chunk of rock and intercept.

what bothers me is that shepard keeps hallucinating about the catalyst before even knowing what it is "I dont get it" in the plot.

I think too many people are taking the kid thing too literal.

The way I see it the kid is a actual kid. Shepard just gets traumatized by seeing the kid die (for some reason) and keeps seeing the kid in his dreams.

It is not that the kid is the catalyst, it just chose to pick that form when talking to Shepard.

Even if the reapers did notice anything moving towards the relay, it is still a good distraction.