Wasteland 2 Kickstarter by Brian Fargo

Havok9120

Attention fellow denizens of the Nexus:

Brian Fargo, former Interplay Big Wig (Executive Producer of Fallout 1, had a hand in 2, and the brains behind Wasteland, the game that launched the Fallouts) has launched a Kickstarter for to raise money for Wasteland 2.

From what we know so far, Jason Anderson and Fargo have been working on the world and background for about a year, Michael Stackpole has been brought in as a dev, and several other old hands from Interplay and the Wasteland days have also been called in. The game itself is to be a party-based, top-down, turn based CRPG on the schematic of the original Fallouts. Knowing the numbers of people with an attachment to those and similar games, I'm hoping to drum up support.

Here's a link to the Kickstarter, where much more information and a video can be found. $15 dollars gets you a copy of the game upon release and $50 gets you a large-boxed version with goodies like a cloth map as well as a digital copy for actual playing.

We're 14 hours in and over half way there, so help 'em out if you enjoy a good game of Fallout, cRPGs in general, or just like being generous.

Edited by Havok9120

Its only PC at the moment. If they hit $1.5 million they'll also put in on Mac OS. They're also exploring Linux, but that'll depend on the engine they use for the game (another thing they can't pin down till they're funded).

They'll give you the game and the (signed) box of goodies for $50. There is an extra $10 or $15 fee if you live outside the US, but a lot of that also ends up in the fund anyway.

Edited by Havok9120

Yes, its been a ton of fun to watch. I enjoyed watching Double Fine's come along, but I've never been a huge adventure guy, though there is a good shot I'll play that game. This, though...this is a whole 'nother level of awesome. I'd love to have even a modern adaptation of the old games, but I actually trust them to try some innovation with the genre too.

Not to mention that watching developers launch labors of love over genres considered "dead" by publishers is great fun.

EDIT: Speaking of which, the fund just passed 500K.

Edited by Havok9120