New Vegas NMM Archive Invalidation Problem

Chris500

Steam is not in Program Files, I have restored New Vegas to it's original form through verify game cache and it still does not work. It's almost like NMM is missing the Archive Invalidation built for New Vegas, which makes no sense because I uninstalled and reinstalled it.

Are the NMM files (INI or others) still getting set to "read only"? As you did move Steam out of the default location, then likely the problem is one of "File and Folder permissions" on the parent "root" folder under which you installed the games (e.g. "C:\Game"). If this is not set correctly to allow at least "System", "Administrators", and "Users" to have "Full Control" then you can't overwrite other files or make permanent changes. You then need to enable the "Properties | Security | Advanced | Change Permissions" setting of the parent folder to enable the box: "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object", so those changes get applied to the existing files and sub-folders.

-Dubious-

Are you using NMM for fallout 3 also ... which is not installed inside of Steam ?

I'm not exactly sure what your problem could be ... but maybe explaining how I have the 2 set up separately (working) will help ?

First I have this as root folder for all "C:/Games"

NMM is installed here ... "C:/Games/Nexus Mod Manager"

FOMM is installed here ... C:/Games/GeMM"

Fallout3 is installed here ... C:/Games/Bethesda Softworks/Fallout 3"

FalloutNV is installed here ... C:/Games/Bethesda Softworks/Fallout NV/SteamApps/common/Fallout New Vegas"

Of course those folders in green are unnecessary ... And one should actually be named "Steam"

But to cut to the chase ... NMM sorts my FO3 ... And FOMM sorts my FNV.

Hope maybe explaining that can help some what :confused:

Edited by Mktavish

Thanks for the help guys, I'm sure all the changes will come in handy in the future. But NMM's archive invalidation for New Vegas refuses to work even after everything. I'm going to try using FOMM and see if that works, but right now New Vegas keeps crashing after launching it through NVSE. I think I can fix it, but it'll have to wait.

I'll give an update once I get everything working, but until then, thanks for helping. :)

The game crashing upon startup is not likely related to "ArchiveInvalidation" or NMM directly. Be aware that one error may mask a number of other errors, which will not appear until those masking them have been resolved. Building a stable game consists of resolving each problem individually until none remain, and then realizing that every change you make thereafter (including updates to mods already installed) run the risk of introducing new problems. Be prepared to revert to a previous save if you do so.

Please read the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

-Dubious-