Redesign Launch - Stage 2 in progress

Dark0ne

In response to post #55865556. #55876431, #55886026, #55887056 are all replies on the same post.

schnubbel76 wrote: I hate the new design so much
Graslama wrote: Why?
schnubbel76 wrote: I've explained it so much, i write every other day that i hate that. It is not good structured, it looks flat, i miss or dont find some old funtions, the colors are crap, the buttons are crap, it feeles unintuitive, i just dont like it, no i hate it and i will never understand why they felt the need to change it in the first place. It was good as it was. Never touch a working system. If only they would have made it better, but that is not the case. Nothing is better at all. At least not for the user. Maybe there were technical reasons to do this crap. But to me as a user, i feel f*#@ed by nexus.
I know i am not able to change it and nobody will listen to me or my feelings about this and at least it is not my website, it is theirs, so nobody will give a single f*** about my opinion, but what i can do is tell them every other day, that i hate it forever and ever and i hate the nexus team for changing it. They need to know even if nobody cares. In a democracy, thats the least i can do. Using my right to stand up and say "I hate you". So thats what i do.
slippyguy wrote: Give some proper feedback and your opinion will be taken into account.

Define "proper feedback" then because it's not like the numerous complaints aren't pretty clear! Didn't ask for it, don't like it, can't search properly, etc etc etc Just because people disagree with something you want to force on us doesn't make 'em wrong!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #55861776. #55878821 is also a reply to the same post.

TLymond wrote:

Hey! People complaining about Search being broken...

Have any of you ever bothered to hit the "Refine Results" button?

sopmac45 wrote: Well yes, I have tried the Refine Results but some mods are not showing up. I found them via other mods from same author from his/her description page and recommended mods.

In my opinion, I do not think the Search function is "broken", but I was not able to find two mods since the new site was up. Perhaps it is me that I still cannot find out the way to properly use the Refine Results button but at the same time, a Search is a Search and I guess we should be able to find whatever is out there by just simply using the Search button.

ADDITION after using Refine Results ( just now ) :
I used the Refine Results to find the author "ccmads" and the Search displayed 1 page of mods only. In that page, is not the mod : ADVANCED SETTLEMENT TURRET SET which is the one I could not find before, so this mod belongs to him / her but is not showing up, not even using the Refine Results.
How did I find it ? Again, by looking into another mod from this author and using the link showing in the description page and recommended "other mods" from him/her.

Refine Results... so it fits with the 5 or 6 "categories" now used by Nexus, otherwise it doesn't exist??

In response to post #55861776. #55878821, #55887976 are all replies on the same post.

TLymond wrote:

Hey! People complaining about Search being broken...

Have any of you ever bothered to hit the "Refine Results" button?

sopmac45 wrote: Well yes, I have tried the Refine Results but some mods are not showing up. I found them via other mods from same author from his/her description page and recommended mods.

In my opinion, I do not think the Search function is "broken", but I was not able to find two mods since the new site was up. Perhaps it is me that I still cannot find out the way to properly use the Refine Results button but at the same time, a Search is a Search and I guess we should be able to find whatever is out there by just simply using the Search button.

ADDITION after using Refine Results ( just now ) :
I used the Refine Results to find the author "ccmads" and the Search displayed 1 page of mods only. In that page, is not the mod : ADVANCED SETTLEMENT TURRET SET which is the one I could not find before, so this mod belongs to him / her but is not showing up, not even using the Refine Results.
How did I find it ? Again, by looking into another mod from this author and using the link showing in the description page and recommended "other mods" from him/her.
RestlessPilgrim wrote: Refine Results... so it fits with the 5 or 6 "categories" now used by Nexus, otherwise it doesn't exist??

Search - type a word, hit the search, then expand the refine menu and change as needed. http://prntscr.com/hlpicd

If all you see is 5-6 categories either there's a bug and you should report it, or you can't be arsed to scroll in the list and sit here claiming bull.

In response to post #55865556. #55876431, #55886026, #55887056, #55887846 are all replies on the same post.

schnubbel76 wrote: I've explained it so much, i write every other day that i hate that. It is not good structured, it looks flat, i miss or dont find some old funtions, the colors are crap, the buttons are crap, it feeles unintuitive, i just dont like it, no i hate it and i will never understand why they felt the need to change it in the first place. It was good as it was. Never touch a working system. If only they would have made it better, but that is not the case. Nothing is better at all. At least not for the user. Maybe there were technical reasons to do this crap. But to me as a user, i feel f*#@ed by nexus.
I know i am not able to change it and nobody will listen to me or my feelings about this and at least it is not my website, it is theirs, so nobody will give a single f*** about my opinion, but what i can do is tell them every other day, that i hate it forever and ever and i hate the nexus team for changing it. They need to know even if nobody cares. In a democracy, thats the least i can do. Using my right to stand up and say "I hate you". So thats what i do.
slippyguy wrote: Give some proper feedback and your opinion will be taken into account.
RestlessPilgrim wrote: Define "proper feedback" then because it's not like the numerous complaints aren't pretty clear! Didn't ask for it, don't like it, can't search properly, etc etc etc Just because people disagree with something you want to force on us doesn't make 'em wrong!

Proper feedback - give feedback on the new version, either specifying what is wrong and you want changed, or what could be improved. The old one is not coming back.
"I hate it" is not really of any use to anyone.

In response to post #55865556. #55876431, #55886026, #55887056, #55887846, #55889711 are all replies on the same post.

RestlessPilgrim wrote: Define "proper feedback" then because it's not like the numerous complaints aren't pretty clear! Didn't ask for it, don't like it, can't search properly, etc etc etc Just because people disagree with something you want to force on us doesn't make 'em wrong!
Ethreon wrote: Proper feedback - give feedback on the new version, either specifying what is wrong and you want changed, or what could be improved. The old one is not coming back.

I dont see it in my responsibility to be "of use". I have just an opinion, i am very very sad about the changes that i mentioned and i dont want to be part of the thinktank for further changes. I want the old one back and as you say, that is not gonnna happen. So all is left to me is being frustrated and say it out loud, because somehow it helps me emotionally. At least more as if i just would remain silent. I know it is of no use. But it is not my duty to be of use for anybody. I have to endure the new design. So you have to endure my criticism. And i in return have to endure your criticism of my criticism. Circle of life.

In response to post #55865556. #55876431, #55886026, #55887056, #55887846, #55889711, #55892361 are all replies on the same post.

Ethreon wrote: Proper feedback - give feedback on the new version, either specifying what is wrong and you want changed, or what could be improved. The old one is not coming back.
schnubbel76 wrote: I dont see it in my responsibility to be "of use". I have just an opinion, i am very very sad about the changes that i mentioned and i dont want to be part of the thinktank for further changes. I want the old one back and as you say, that is not gonnna happen. So all is left to me is being frustrated and say it out loud, because somehow it helps me emotionally. At least more as if i just would remain silent. I know it is of no use. But it is not my duty to be of use for anybody. I have to endure the new design. So you have to endure my criticism. And i in return have to endure your criticism of my criticism. Circle of life.

If you're just going to complain for the complaining without even attempting to provide any kind of valuable feedback, I would create a Twitter account or something.

Freeloading complainers like you don't realize that you do indeed have the power to cause changes in the design of the website. However, only if you are actually able to verbally express yourself in a way that explains your grievances and what the developers could do to improve the situation. Stop crying, stop complaining, try and help the developers improve on the things you feel are bad.

It's a situation where nobody loses, everybody wins and the website improves.

In response to post #55865556. #55876431, #55886026, #55887056 are all replies on the same post.

schnubbel76 wrote: I've explained it so much, i write every other day that i hate that. It is not good structured, it looks flat, i miss or dont find some old funtions, the colors are crap, the buttons are crap, it feeles unintuitive, i just dont like it, no i hate it and i will never understand why they felt the need to change it in the first place. It was good as it was. Never touch a working system. If only they would have made it better, but that is not the case. Nothing is better at all. At least not for the user. Maybe there were technical reasons to do this crap. But to me as a user, i feel f***ed by nexus.

Define "proper feedback" then because it's not like the numerous complaints aren't pretty clear! Didn't ask for it, don't like it, can't search properly, etc etc etc Just because people disagree with something you want to force on us doesn't make 'em wrong!

I agree but I think the search is either broken are not working sufficient enough. I gave it a try, searched using each word (one word at a time for each search) for a multiple worded mod name and I couldn't find it. I had to resort to google search to find the mod I wanted and "knew existed". I tried the refine search and it didn't work for me.

Edited by Aoikani

schnubbel76 wrote: I've explained it so much, i write every other day that i hate that. It is not good structured, it looks flat, i miss or dont find some old funtions, the colors are crap, the buttons are crap, it feeles unintuitive, i just dont like it, no i hate it and i will never understand why they felt the need to change it in the first place. It was good as it was. Never touch a working system. If only they would have made it better, but that is not the case. Nothing is better at all. At least not for the user. Maybe there were technical reasons to do this crap. But to me as a user, i feel f***ed by nexus.

With millions of users, any type of feedback is going to be "numerous" when you take "1000 people said they didn't like it" at face value and don't keep in mind "of the 5 million total users". Compared to the shitstorm of paid modding and some other shitstorms I've seen over the years this is a fairly minor tiff.

As for feedback, most of what I see in this thread falls in one of four categories: "this does not suit my personal tastes", "I don't like change", "I'm too lazy to spend 2 minutes figuring out how the dropdown menus and filters work", or "my personal/obscure use case is the only important use case".

Which is fine, venting frustration (within the bounds of civil conversation) is perfectly normal but almost none of it is actionable for the designers. Actionable feedback would be something like :

- "using browser X on platform Y at resolution Z and normal zoom, action blah is broken because the results are blah and instead I expected blah"

- "the placement of elements X and Y on page Z is not great because [reasons], perhaps it would be better to [alternate suggestion]".

- "when using the search function in default mode with no filters within the correct game environment, if I look for [search term] I don't get the results I expected [screenshot with search query/filters/result]"

You know, something that can be actually looked at, considered, and/or tested rather than just "I don't like it".

In response to post #55865556. #55876431, #55886026, #55887056, #55887846, #55889711, #55892361, #55896501 are all replies on the same post.

schnubbel76 wrote: I dont see it in my responsibility to be "of use". I have just an opinion, i am very very sad about the changes that i mentioned and i dont want to be part of the thinktank for further changes. I want the old one back and as you say, that is not gonnna happen. So all is left to me is being frustrated and say it out loud, because somehow it helps me emotionally. At least more as if i just would remain silent. I know it is of no use. But it is not my duty to be of use for anybody. I have to endure the new design. So you have to endure my criticism. And i in return have to endure your criticism of my criticism. Circle of life.
LavaCroft wrote: If you're just going to complain for the complaining without even attempting to provide any kind of valuable feedback, I would create a Twitter account or something.

Freeloading complainers like you don't realize that you do indeed have the power to cause changes in the design of the website. However, only if you are actually able to verbally express yourself in a way that explains your grievances and what the developers could do to improve the situation. Stop crying, stop complaining, try and help the developers improve on the things you feel are bad.

It's a situation where nobody loses, everybody wins and the website improves.

Lava Croft, ok, heres what the developers can do to improve the situation. Give us the option to switch back to the old website. Then im fine. No complaining anymore.

Okay, this old man has returned to do what his grandparents taught him as a young lad..... to admit when I am wrong with an open and honest heart.

The new site design has grown on me.... and I must admit it happened pretty fast.

There are some very nice new abilities, and as I've discovered them, my appreciation has grown more and more... ie: video viewing, screenshot viewing, etc.

I've hopefully learned a lesson here.... to wait and allow time for a more balanced opinion based on experience instead of "resistance to change".

I wasn't rude by no means in my previous post in the other thread... I simply resisted change without giving it a fair & proper chance.

Anyway... great job as always Nexus management.... you are the kings for good reason in the modding community.

Merry Christmas to one and all.