Chat channels on the Nexus

Chesto

There was a briefly lived Chat facility. The problem was most times you tried to use it no one was there. Although the forum has a large theoretical membership only a few are 'active'. Most are here to down load mods or are relics of history. With the different time zones too it wasn't often you'd be able to have any meaningful conversations. I use MSN and any member of the forum who wants to can contact me that way for chat. Through that means I have had direct webcam and voice links too. (I don't have a webcam myself.) I feel that is enough.

BTW we never mooted the idea of moderating the chat room.

Hmmmm...this sounds interesting. I would really like this idea.

Besides....aside from Oblivion modding and music producing I am also am Irc op on some channels...I don't know but I have an username and a right to register a new channel.

Maybe with feedback and a little thinking I might use that channel for this site...and/or maybe for other OB modding sites too.

How about that???

P.S. For those who want to talk to me on mIRC....PM me and I will tell you what server I use and on what chans you can find me.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Maafiaman

The only reason I would like one is to post mod ideas and get instant responses instead of waiting a few days for even one awnser.

For example:

Kresselack: How about somebody making XXXXX item featured in XXXXXX game?

RolfTheUber: Oooooh great idea! That matches perfectly!

ModMaster3000: I could probably whip that up.

Kresselack: Thanks

DrEmOrA: Can you make a blue version too?

That takes about one minute or less in a chatroom.

• 1 year later...

is there any possibility anywhere to go in a chatroom to find People there talking about elderscrolls? UESP has a chatroom, but they don't like having people there talking about the games. They'll talk about their site and the wiki there.

Is there any Chatroom in the World where i can go in and, provided someone is actually there, ask a Question about Glassarmor without People going "what now? an Armour made out of Glass?"...

There was a briefly lived Chat facility. The problem was most times you tried to use it no one was there. Although the forum has a large theoretical membership only a few are 'active'. Most are here to down load mods or are relics of history. With the different time zones too it wasn't often you'd be able to have any meaningful conversations. I use MSN and any member of the forum who wants to can contact me that way for chat. Through that means I have had direct webcam and voice links too. (I don't have a webcam myself.) I feel that is enough.

is there any possibility anywhere to go in a chatroom to find People there talking about

Is there any Chatroom in the World where i can go in and, provided someone is actually there, ask a Question about Glassarmor without People going "what now? an Armour made out of Glass?"...

With what was said above and the fact that TESNexus is one of (or possibly) the largest Elderscrolls mod sites, if a dedicated "chat" area is not used that much, I doubt you will stumble upon one somewhere that has lots of Oblivion players in it. If you do, please let us know. :thumbsup: I even created a chat area on my site while we were talking about this and I never once saw somebody get into it.

EDIT:

Until you find a better location, feel free to use my little chat app. I modified it by adding a title, a link to this forum and made the text area a bit wider and included date/time stamps for each line.

>> The Elder Scrolls Chat Room <<

NOTE: The app will only retain the last 10 lines of conversation but it will remain there until the server is rebooted (no database back-end...just memory variables)

EDIT #2: I went ahead and created two additional chat areas besides the general area for gameplay and mods discussions. Tested with IE7,IE8,Firefox and the iPhone. Enjoy the free, yet buggy chat app. :)

LHammonds

Now that's an empty chat room. I can't even see myself in there :D

Yup.

Why not use Yahoo, MSN, Steam, skype? It's so much better. A chat means only trouble and a chat in a forum means BIG trouble. I know becouse I had admin on quite a popular chat. Having one here, with so many people would be insane. :yes: