Issgard

PrometheusTS

I'd say for now, leave it like this! I mean, lol, Compared to sizes I'd say it's similar to Solstheim, so it's similar to a f***in official expansion! For now work on what you have done so far since it's so good and than, once you have released a first beta version and you have fixed it so it can become an 1.0 version you can make small updates and add (let's say) another island or something. Good work, btw!

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am stuck landscape lods don't load anymore if lods are generated ( objects ) and if I replace the lod settings then the Object lods are not visible and the landscape is ... any help woudl be appreciated otherwise I will waste weeks oftime trying to figure out whats wrong with the CK ....

I have deleted as usually I do when I imporve landscapes , the old lods and generated new ones , but now I get this problem , the lods do not load anymore no mattehr what I do ...

SO the project is either stopped or to be abandoned due to this severe bug ....

Yes after I did that I got the problems ....

Is not just the normal LOD is that now even what worked don't work and I dunno why I followed the same "routine" in creating the lods for landscapes and the lods for objects but seems now they become mutually exclusive I can either have one or the other ...

Yes after I did that I got the problems ....

Is not just the normal LOD is that now even what worked don't work and I dunno why I followed the same "routine" in creating the lods for landscapes and the lods for objects but seems now they become mutually exclusive I can either have one or the other ...

PROM, have you tried by deleting not only the folder (textures\terrain\issgard\...) and (meshes\terrain\issgard) but by deleting this folder aswell -> (data\LODsettings\Issgard.lod) file?

Try this one, it may be of help! And btw, I think you may need to delete the LOD textures from the (Steamapps\Common\Source\TGATextures\Issgard) aswell! Try this and let me know!

I did delted the lod setting as I wrote I guess .. here is the detailed procedure I did ...

1 In my Issgard worldspace folder I delete all the lods form objects , trees and basic folder where the landscape btr and nif lods are stored , I deleted them all ....

2 In my Issgard worldspace folder I delete the dds textures in the object folders and in previous folder all the textures related to the lods of terrains

3 I delete the lodsetting file

4 I openoscape and regenerate all the data and extract the landscape data , generating the terrain , putting as usual all the landscape to max res , once computed I click install

5 I generate the lodsettings file setting :Issgard -32 -32 64 and ( even if in world I can see some cells are beyond the -32 border , but the oscape always generate them between -32 etc ... )

6 I load the game in CK , the landscape looks fine , apart that the objects lods are missing so I go to object World LOD window and I select objects and trees for Issgard worldspace and click generate .

7 I pick the textures generated in the Issgard object subfolder in the Source external folder and paste them into the skyrim data terrain Issgard objects folder

8 I relaunch the CK , the Landscape now is disappeared but I have all the lods for all the objects , they load in place of the Objects lods ( they are still bugged with switched textures ... )

9 Retest switching the order and keeping the objects lods done and regenerate the landscape lods , no change

10 I redo the lodsettings and the objects do disappear again but the landscape is back

11 I redo objects lods , the objects come back the landscape disappear ...

12 Loop cycle between point 9 and 11 .....

What's Wrong here?!!!

Talking about step 7.

If I am right (names of folders excluded) you should have a situation like this

Skyrim\Data\Meshes\Terrain\Issgard\Objects

Skyrim\Data\Meshes\Terrain\Issgard\Trees

Skyrim\Data\Meshes\Terrain\Issgard\Land

Skyrim\Data\Meshes\Terrain\Issgard\(all the BTR files, or something)

Skyrim\Data\Textures\Terrain\Issgard\Objects

Skyrim\Data\Textures\Terrain\Issgard\Trees

Skyrim\Data\Textures\Terrain\Issgard\Land

Skyrim\Data\Textures\Terrain\Issgard\(all the DDs, TGA files)

Common\Source\TGATextures\(all the files generated with CK Lod generator)

Now, my guess would be (MAYBE) that you have put the BTR files about terrain LOD and the TGA\DDS files about terrain LOD in the LAND FOLDER instead of putting them outside in this directories (Skyrim\Data\Textures\Issgard\(those files) and the same with meshes directory.

Check if you have anything inside the LAND FOLDER and if it is so, try to back up those folders you already have somewhere and do as I've told you, just grab the files inside that LAND FOLDER and cut them into the general ISSGARD folder (Textures\Terrain\Issgard\...)

Try and lemme know!