Issgard

PrometheusTS

I. Am replacing thenstone part of farmhouses with a new texture more matching nord stone , then will retouch the colors of the wood to be more dark brown and less gray perhaps , but not sure yet on this couse there wold be lots of wood tomchange then to match all , but then I may remake new roofs that follow the same shapemof the farmhouse roofs but with similar to witherun decorations and shingles.... Perhaps darker as well .... So not so launched to sky roofs , still farmhouse saped but with more modern roofs and more elaborated decos and darker colors?

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the farmhouses look great in combination with the dark nordic ruins. I wouldn't even change the colours. The dark, dreary colour palette fits the ruins quite nicely. In my opinion, the imagination, that the people who settlet down in those ancient ruins only built simple buildings, just because there was no need for better ones, is just fine. The "Whiterun-style", at least in my opinion is far to unique, that you can use it in another city then Whiterun.

But I love this huge building. Is it going to be the Jarl's palace?

New Palace mesh after the brainstorming on the style ... what's the general opinion?

Basically the idea is to Use still the same base models of the Farmhouses but replace and improve the roofs and the textures , so it's actually a new building but it respect the same interior shapes of the farmhouses so to not have to increase he amount of work and the interiors will work fine for those buildings ...

This tough is the palace and the interiors can be more fantasy I guess as long as do not exceed the shape ... and anyway the throne room is already done and occupies a consistent part of that ...

This piramidal Stavelike construction so is a mix of the farmhouse and the whiterun ... mostly farmhouse with better roofs ..

so opinions?

I always like custom stuff. If I get you right, you just exchanged the roofs? Well this way the building should look a bit more like a king's palace should look like, while the dark colour palette is still in use. If my imagination of it is right, then this would look great, when it's ready. I'm really looking forward to the final result. Keep up the amazing work! :thumbsup:

Well in my book the farmhouse roof looks better and fits better. Sure the Whiterun style is more fancy and fits more for a king but look at it this way. Whiterun is not in a snowy area , unlike Varheimgard which is IF not mistaken on the highest point on an island that's in the middle of a frozen ocean. This is why i think the farmhouse design looks better , its s*** loads colder in Varheimgard then Whiterun . So to compensate for the cold they use hay to keep out the cold and keep in the warm air. If a blizzard storm hits Whiterun (if its remotely possible) sure they'll have it cold but there's a difference in the main land then off at sea. Anyway this is what i think of it , can't say much about your new style without seeing the bigger picture. Its not all about how it should look but how "realism" and immersion can be put in. Not to mention they're separated from the main land so basically they can say : f*** the other's and their new ways , we keep our tradition and keep the old Nordic ways.. Edited by William Lionheart

Here is a New architecture I am working on ...

an upgraded version of the farmhouses ....

what you think?

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/1339/newarchitecture.jpg

Edited by PROMETHEUS_ts

Mi piace parecchio, e mi trasmette anche il giusto feeling. Penso si integrerà molto bene con le antiche struttute dei nord. Tra l'altro esprime nella giusta maniera la maggior cura architettonica presente nei castelli e nelle abitazioni dei governatori (visto che penso manterrai, invece, le fattorie per le case "popolari"....).