Issgard

PrometheusTS

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This mods looks amazing so far, i'm sure ill love it as much as your Conan mod which was/is still awesome. My question though, will we be able to travel from solstime to issgerd and vise versa or from tamriel only, and will specialized companions/followers like Vilja work in issgard? And if not will you have new followers/companions that the dragonborn can meet and recruit for his/her adventures? Having someone the dragonborn can meet Male or Female or both that we can have as a guide or companion would be a nice feature. Thanks again for all your previous mods and please don't stop making mods, I find them to be some of the best on nexus.

I am not sure how Vilja works so it might be up to the creator of that mod to perhaps implement a compatibility expansion for Her in that new Worldspace .

I have plans for several companions and followers in the mod but , most of them are temporary or quest related. to create a companion for all round game its a quite an undertaing and might require too much work that would detract time to other parts of that mod .

so perhaps it could be done by some external modder interested in creating a compatibility for the companion mods for Issgard .

I understand, but if your going to have some quest related followers then it might be possible for them to keep when the quest is finished....possibly, just an Idea to keep on file for an update. anyhoo I wish I had seen this way before but I saw your post on the statues and had an idea of maybe a mansized one off to the side of the throne which holds the kings sword another on the other that holds his shield if he has one.

Vilja should not have any problem to travel here with you and she will be aware of generic things like if a given area is cold enough for her to wear her winter wardrobe. She won't coment on quest from this mod though and she won't know she is in Issgard.

You may even receive radiant quest from Vilja's friends in this hold as it happens with Falskaar (you will be able to ask for a different destiny though, if you can't travel to that point at that moment).

Edited by amgepo

This mods looks amazing so far, i'm sure ill love it as much as your Conan mod which was/is still awesome. My question though, will we be able to travel from solstime to issgerd and vise versa or from tamriel only, and will specialized companions/followers like Vilja work in issgard? And if not will you have new followers/companions that the dragonborn can meet and recruit for his/her adventures? Having someone the dragonborn can meet Male or Female or both that we can have as a guide or companion would be a nice feature. Thanks again for all your previous mods and please don't stop making mods, I find them to be some of the best on nexus.

I am not sure how Vilja works so it might be up to the creator of that mod to perhaps implement a compatibility expansion for Her in that new Worldspace .

I have plans for several companions and followers in the mod but , most of them are temporary or quest related. to create a companion for all round game its a quite an undertaing and might require too much work that would detract time to other parts of that mod .

so perhaps it could be done by some external modder interested in creating a compatibility for the companion mods for Issgard .

I understand, but if your going to have some quest related followers then it might be possible for them to keep when the quest is finished....possibly, just an Idea to keep on file for an update. anyhoo I wish I had seen this way before but I saw your post on the statues and had an idea of maybe a mansized one off to the side of the throne which holds the kings sword another on the other that holds his shield if he has one.

Vilja should not have any problem to travel here with you and she will be aware of generic things like if a given area is cold enough for her to wear her winter wardrobe. She won't coment on quest from this mod though and she won't know she is in Issgard.

You may even receive radiant quest from Vilja's friends in this hold as it happens with Falskaar (you will be able to ask for a different destiny though, if you can't travel to that point at that moment).

Well this is good news, I was concerned that she may not work or I would get a CTD if I tried to bring her. And thanks for being open minded Prom I am sure your busy with getting things working in your mod, but its still nice to know that your willing to provide support. Kudos to you and hopes for a smooth finish for Issgard.

Oh, and are you still needing help in testing? I know you posted for help back in 2012 but I am willing if you need it.

The kind of Help in testing I used was for Conan Hyborian age mod, wich was mostly simply a test of the dungeons to find bugs and other quest anomalies ...

The kind of Test help for Issgard that I will need it will have a higher bar , I will need very proficent and volenterouse people that KNOW the CK and KNOW most of usual Issues in quests, or worldspaces and help out not only find bugs but also fixing and curing so the mod itself .

So basically when I will be ready I will set up a tester's help request based on specific proficiencies of people.

I will avoid anyone that despite entusiast or willing to try the mod out to help will not qualify for some specific areas .

This is because the mod will need a heavy and technical testing befoure passing to the more open beta testing .

ATm anyway I am totally focused on completing all the tilesets I am needing for the mod , I hope in no more than a month to have completed them all and move on complete the detailing of the whole island .

Once that is done I also planned the making of a Artistic map that will be possible to consult , load on an Ipad , check online for reference help and information or even print if u like . Kind of typical styled fantasy maps hand drawed.

Ah ok, well then I'm not going to be very helpful then as I'm not very technical as far as the CK goes (never used it) but I have modded before but for another game back in the 90's and I'm sure much has changed since then. Still I'm very much looking forward to d/ling this so good luck with everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to ttl for fixing my niffs once again I could finely import now ingame ...

here the result of the first new restyled buildings of Issgard the civilized ones ...

comments are appreciated .

the purpouse and insipration for this style is the following :

1 the noble houses do look more primitive compared to the other ones but still more rich and carved with intricate wood carvings , more clean stone walls and stave church like rise progression in height .

2 the medium , common and stores buildings have instead a slight more urban approach , with bricks, plaster wood , wood paneling and the same roofs of the noble ones

3 the shacks will retain eventually mostly just woods

4 the rurual homes are instead similar to the farmhouses but already posted pics of them above previously .

Those will so be the main direction of the style ...

The inspiration comes from :

Viking themes ( Dragon Carvings, slight underboat shaped roofs , scaled roofs ) medievalish Norman Italian and English ( with some plaster woods and wood protection and the brick solid and mor spartan walls )

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3084/57if.jpg