Issgard

PrometheusTS

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx...

I have sketched out the other two villages of Brynnvik and Sker ...

Are still at a very rough stage of sketching and planning so I do not want to show any preliminary wip work as I did with Jotunheim , but I can describe the Idea ....

Brynnvik is a Large bay , more temperate than the one of Varheim but more low fundals , thus the name of clear bay , only low bottom ships can harbor there ... tough there is a promontory overhanging on the sea and from it departs a series of Sea dome cliffs that are topped with vegetation and eventually some homes so the village develops from the cliff to the domes ....

Sker Instead is situated at the mouth of the Bannadmork forest with the Icey northern side of the Island in a gorge opening to the Ice flats , the Village is Carved inside a big Rock that is surrounded both sides by water , part of the village may develope on the other shore as well , blocking completely the passage from north to south ...

For the last village of Husvalur I haven't yet sketched anything but I tought about a Fjord cutting in two a mountain side and placing the Village between the two sides a sort of connected by several bridges and a large Cave , the Village may actually develope partially inside the Cave hidden from the more adverse climatic conditions of the outside shore ... is also a place where whales where found to hide ...

As always if you want I would be glad to hear comments , critiques and suggestions to my ideas ....

Updae on Brynnvik that seems evolved in a full settlement of at least 14 homes inlcuding a jarl palace ...

I guess the same can be said about Jotunnheim mountaincliff settlement ... but is all mostly carved in stone ....

So far

Brynnvik:14 homes (including palace and Dome homes)

Jotunnheim : 8 homes ( Including Palace )

Varheimgard:20 homes ( including farms and Palace )

Sker:8 ( including palace )

Husvalur: Not done yet

IS that too much ? are towns/ village overgrown and overdone? Compared to bethesda ones? Are there too many cities / villages?shoudl I reduce them may be I should drop making the 4th village and stick to 3?

What you think ...

Here is anyway a update on Brynnvik http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/7314/brynnvikroughtsketch2.jpg

Edited by PROMETHEUS_ts

As far as I think Bethesda did villages "too small". If every village was like Riverwood, now, that would have been cool enought but if you are making Issgard (or the main city, anyway) with more places and houses than the normal villages have well than, I dont see any problems1!

So at the light of the recent changes :

Varheim = Totem Dragon= Divinity of All-Maker - Primeval creator and God of Time and creation cycle

Sker = Totem Bear = Divinity of Shor - God of The underworld and chief God of the Nordic Pantheon ( home of famous Berserkir of issgard or beradyserkrdrengir [bear beast skin warriors] )

Jotunnheim = Totem Hawk = Divinity of Kyne - Goddess of Air and mother of all Nords

Brynnvik = Totem Owl = Divinity of Jhunal - God of Wisdom , Logic and Runes ( Scholar and the few magic can be found here )

Temples on the Island :

Ysmir - Temple

temple sacred to Dragon of the North Ysmir the first Dragonborn and emissary of Shor ...

Then the srhines around are :

Wolf --- totem shrine = Mara = Mother Goddess and Goddess of Love

Moth ---totem shrine = Dibella = Goddess of Beauty

Snake --- totem shrine= Arkay = God of Life and Death

Whale --- totem shrine= Tsun = God of trials against adversity

Fox --- totem shrine= Stuhn God of Ransom